No 22%  22%  [ 13 ]
Still looking forward to it 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 59

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2010, 10:15 am

hartzofspace wrote:
I remember thinking that it reminded me a lot of piss. :)

Reminded?

Reminded?

:eew:

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Apr 2010, 11:09 am

Willard wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:
I remember thinking that it reminded me a lot of piss. :)

Reminded?

Reminded?

:eew:

Because I could smell it in the urine that drunk people produced, I guess. To me, beer is disgusting that way.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2010, 2:25 pm

The successive ones after it wiped out that memory

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2010, 4:59 pm

April 1983. Not sure of the precise date.

A group of boys from my Sec. V Biology class went on a field trip to a research lab at the Montreal General Hospital, and then went on to one boy's home. We stopped off at a dépanneur along the way to pick up a couple of six packs. (Not a challenge for a 15 year old boy at a corner store in Montréal).

It was probably a Labatt Blue, or possibly a Molson Canadian.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2010, 5:02 pm

When I was a kid I had a sip of my granddad's lager to see what it tasted like. Tasted like crap.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2010, 5:12 pm

Not sure if I remember my first beer, but, I think I tried my dad's, who was a staunch beer drinker, as a toddler, perhaps even younger than that. I can remember not liking the taste and my parents not being surprised.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2010, 5:44 pm

Not counting the random sips from dad when we were little, I think my first real one was at a band practice when I was...I don't remember...18 or 19 maybe? It was Red Dog and tasted pretty nasty, but I was told that after two or three, you can't taste it anymore anyway.

They were right @_@

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2010, 8:23 pm

Yep! I have a little more trouble remembering the seventh, though.

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2010, 9:50 pm

I drank my first beer when I was 10. Thought it was disgusting. Thats why I prefer whiskey :D

BlisteringDestroyer
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Apr 2010, 11:26 pm

I can very vaguely remember tasting one as a toddler out of morbid curiosity and it tasted horrible. For a while, I used to question if it was even real or not because it was so foggy. Fast forward to over a decade later when I asked them about the taste and bugged my parents for some. They gave me one to prove their point that it tasted bad and it did, the same bad taste I remembered. Those 2 experiences did not get me away from alcohol though and I occasionally drink wine whenever I can find some lying around.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2010, 12:09 am

I have never had beer. I don't look forward to it so I can't answer the poll. I hate the smell of alcohol. I only once had a sip of wine. I had accidentally gotten into a Catholic communion line despite not being Catholic which I know they think is a terrible sin. But I had been sort of pushed into the line by this guy and my movement disorder made it impossible to get out of the line. So I went down the line. The wine tasted awful and made my throat feel terrible and strange. I never want to do that again.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2010, 12:10 am

I had my "first beer" at age eight by accident. I thought I had a can of Pepsi but instead I got a can of my father's Old Milwaukee. I hated the taste, spit it out and never had a secound since.

CerebralDreamer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2010, 12:38 am

I recently turned 21, so I can legally drink where I'm at.

Despite that, I simply haven't gotten around to it. I've considered it a few times, but in every single instance that comes up, I just decide against it. I really don't get why everyone else is so eager to have their first beverage the moment they turn 21. It seems like the only people who aren't completely enthusiastic are already drinking.

*shrug*

Maybe it's just one of those things I'll never understand.

Woodpeace
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2010, 3:23 am

Growing up in a middle class family (in the British definition of middle class) my firat alcoholic drink was wine at family meals on Sundays. I have tried beer but don't like the taste.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2010, 5:26 am

Katatonic wrote:
I drank my first beer when I was 10. Thought it was disgusting. Thats why I prefer whiskey :D

The first time I had tried beer it was only a sip. Was at an Alice Cooper concert with my then-girlfriend and her mother. Before the show I had a sip of one of theirs and as I expected it was nasty as hell. I tried a sip of beer once since, I can't handle it.

But I love whiskey, though!!

Irisrises
Toucan
Toucan

15 Apr 2010, 6:20 am

I don't remember my first beer, I was probably fifteen or sixteen though.

I do remember once when I was thirteen or fourteen and I went out with my cousin and her friends on a Friday night instead of staying at home. They drank vodka until they couldn't stand up and rode the tram back and forth because it was too cold to be outside. It was a strange experience, but after that I knew what was going on when I wasn't there, so that was good.