Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Jun 2010, 6:41 pm

#1 = A grisly biker (Randall 'Tex' Cobb) barreling full-speed ahead

# 2 = Two Cossacks dancing, in mid squat-kick, and giving the high five

# 3 = Two Long Neck Karens wearing neck rings meeting at the well to draw water. Each has her sight set on the same man and they are sizing up the length of each other's neck wondering who has the better chance of winning his heart. Two little red thought bunnies caution them against jealousy as the red butterfly of sisterly love connects and separates them at the same time.

# 4 = Two Angels (could be Jay Birds) being attacked by the devil's French Poodles as they attempt to pull a two-headed monk out of hell.

# 5 = A flamboyant flying jack rabbit.

# 6 = Entrance to the Sacred Wickiup

# 7 = Neanderthal necklace

# 8 = Two badgers walking up the arms of a woman and playfully pulling her braids as she sits in a trance, cross-legged in front of the fire imagining that two badgers are walking up her arms to playfully pull her braids.

# 9 = Four red bell peppers at the base of an ancient obelisk guarded by two lion headed gargoyles that not only double as tea pots for the multitudes but also provide seating for two giant wizards whose extremely long fingernails form an arch above the obelisk and serve as conductors of electricity to keep everything charged and relevant.

#10 = A party in my head

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 8:06 pm

1. a bat
2. two people facing each other with hands together
3. Two people in love making a pot
4. two boots
5. upside-down bat
6. two pig's heads
7. two people
8. two animals climbing up a fountain
9. a thyroid gland
10. a bunch of insects

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 11:37 pm

very quickly:

1. two winged cherubs holding a bell
2. mimes wearing hats, with their hands and knees together
3. monkeys sharing a bowtie, with their hands in a fishbowl
4. little girls with pigtails with ears pressed against either side of a door, listening in
5. some kind of winged critter: butterfly / bat
6. teddy bears hanging from a flagpole
7. two cartoon girls with big shoes and hair in the air staring each other down
8. two pink bears climbing / balancing on some .. objects
9. dragons
10. caterpillars / butterflies / fish / critters

i have no idea what this indicates, but when i look at ink blots i virtually always split them down the middle at the fold point and interpret as mirroring images rather than one image (exception being something that looks a lot like a butterfly)

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 11:53 pm

1. The face of an evil "Pink Elephants on Parade" elephant.
2. Two mirror image elephants or pigs with very long noses. The red smudges at the top look like elephant seals and the other red smear looks like two children's faces chained together.
3. Aneroxic mirror image gorillias with a butterfly and grasshopper face or Invader Zim between them. The other red smears look like slugs with a long antenia.
4. A dragon skin rug
5. A bat
6. Another dragon skin rug
7. Mirror image baboons
8. Lions and butterflies, an MRI of a brain
9. Abstract giraffes or dragons, a elephant seal, moth
10. crabs, shrimp, hormworm, meerkat faces, narwhales with quadroped bodies

Owl123
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2015, 1:23 am

I've taken this test last two weeks and I've just searched in the net its interpretation and meaning. Lol. I never really knew those were the meaning.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 1:34 am

When I was in school taking a History of Psychology course, the prof showed us a Rorshach blot and then walked down an aisle asking each student what they saw. At the front it started out as expected, "a face", "a man", "a woman", "a dog"...that sort of thing. Nice, safe, expected answers. Then she reached the last student, a quirky girl with a wicked sense of humor who no one quite understood. She said, "a bear" in a calm, monotone voice. As the professor turned and started walking back up the aisle to continue the lecture on Hermann Rorschach and psychology in the 1920's, the girl continued, "...with a KNIFE, about to STAB YOUUuuuuu". We got along well enough over the next few years, but she never would say if that's what she really saw. She'd just get an odd smile and distant look in her eyes.

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 3:32 am

1 2 Russians dancing
2 2 Buddha’s meditating hand in hand
3 2 African women cooking over a clay pot
4 The overhead view of a flying dragon, head lower central, wings either side
5 Overhead view of a long eared bat
6 Looks to me like 2 stretched out hands at the top cupping, as in collecting water, wearing some kind of animal pattern fabric
7 2 dogs face to face with mouth open
8 looks like an overhead wide angle lens shot of 2 bears walking through its own water reflection towards woods
9 2 sea horses dancing
10 looks like the Eifel tower at top, with the red as an interpretation of a road either side with lake in middle and lower green grass view point

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 9:33 pm

1) A furry dog/wolf head with two fangs on its lower jaw sticking out of its mouth.

2) Two humans in dark coloured robes with red wizard hats in some sort of tia chi stance giving each other high fives.

3) Two black humanoid figures stirring a pot together.

4) The front view of a humanoid figure on a chopper style motorcycle with an insect helmet on his head and his hands on the handle bars with his feet on the pedals.

5) An insect or fairy creature facing away and spreading its dragon sized wings.

6) I see a sword stuck into some object below.

7) nothing really, maybe some anthropods figures looking at each other.

8) Looks like the internal organs of some creature.

9) Two mythical creatures facing off with one another and locked in battle with swords against one another. They have fire coming from the top of their heads and fire beneath them.

10) Some pharoah like boss or summon from a game like final fantasy.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 1:42 am

Okay, for fun I ran through them.
1. sparrows hovering or taking off
2. gnomes with injured feet.
3. traditional Kenyan or Laotian carvings preparing a meal
4. heavy bipedal monster, seen from below ground level
5. creepy long-armed insect man
6. trapped dragonfly trying to escape
7. rock faces/ravine in cutaway view
8. 1700's pig creatures on a boat, with flags or tearing something apart (somewhat indistinct to me)
9. frozen fire/explosion/spash. vaguely...bovine. (indistinct to me)
10. semi-chaos, like a child's fingerpaint art. Maybe a few arthropods (indistinct to me)

I really had trouble finding anything with the color ones (last three).

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 4:05 pm

1. Bat
2. Two pixies with red hats doing some kind of clapping game.
3. Two women moving a cribb, while a butterfly hovers in the space between them.
4.A strange, black creature on a motorbike His big flat feet are seen from below.
5. Moth.
6. A strange larva making its way out of a needle-shaped cocoon. Water animal - no doubt.
7. A woman facing herself in the mirror - shocked!
8. Two cat-like animals crawling up some abstract shapes.
9. Pelvic bone structure.
10. Crabs, red worms and corals - or to men in red, running towards the same goal, while the Eiffel tower and blue fireworks can be seen in the distance.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 6:36 pm

So, does anyone know if there have been papers published that analyze the test giver's interpretations from back when they were in vogue? IIR from some years back we were taught that the only real therapeutic / diagnostic use was to help the person open up about things that were just beneath the surface; a conversational trigger might start them talking & the blots were vague enough to do so.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 7:58 pm

Oh HELL yes, there is quite a literature on these blots. I was actually trained to administer them, at one point. You score the series on a number of different factors. Basically, is the person very concrete - sees nothing but an ink splotch - or are they imaginative with well developed answers? Do they see only one thing per card, or do they just go on seeing image after image? Is there a lot of violence or a lot of sex in their answers? Do they tend to see the same thing in every card (mother?), or are they more like the "average" results?

Sure, ink blots can be over-analyzed, but you can see how these kinds of cognitive responses could yield some suggestions about a person's mental operations. I do think they are a bit passe, but when they are given as part of an assessment, they can add some useful information.