Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CobaltBlew
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2010, 12:59 am

mcg wrote:
I start getting shaky and feeling really anxious.

I get that too, then I stand up really fast and I feel dizzy lol, everything goes black and I can't see anything. That fixes after a few seconds though =D

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 1:02 am

CobaltBlew wrote:
mcg wrote:

I get that too, then I stand up really fast and I feel dizzy lol, everything goes black and I can't see anything. That fixes after a few seconds though =D
i had that happen alot once when i had a really high fever :? like (107 degrees)

it was really annoying, i couldn't even sit up from a laying down position without it happening, let alone stand up quickly :lol:

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 1:27 am

Seanmw wrote:
Todesking wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
sometimes i think it's kind of annoying.
I can't seem to put on muscle mass or even weight as easily as some people.
my metabolism's fast.

i'm 6'2'' and about 160-170 pounds
tall & slim

Eat, eat, no one wants a skinny Santa.

When I was 18 I weighed 188 lbs and looked skinny after army basic training I went down to 155 and looked sickly. When I hit 25 I was putting on so much weight I thought I was going to break the scale. Your going to miss the ability to lose the weight when your in your thirties.
i eat plenty, my diet consists of calorie-rich foods :lol: .
it seems my body craves fatty/salty/starchy/sugary foods.

fatty foods like: bacon, fried chicken, ribs, i also add butter to things for flavor, especially dull tasting foods like vegetables
sugary foods like: chocolate, real maple syrup, certain breakfast cereals
salty foods like: potato chips, etc.
and filling starchy foods like: potatoes, grains, corn, rice

though i also try to eat healthy stuff too for good balance :)

My drill sargeants could not believe how quickly I loss weight so they made me go through the food line twice and if I could get a MRE down they gave me one of those too and the weight still went away. After basic training I continued to eat large portions at every meal and still do. I stopped exercising which was my down fall. I stopped running but kept eating large portions I guess I can say over eating and the weight gain came fast and once fat I did not have the energy to run or lift weights its all been down hill since. So keep exercising and try not to get into any weird food habits. I now have 80% kidney function, an enlarged heart, high blood pressure, and I am right on the boarderline of diabeties.

CobaltBlew
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2010, 1:40 am

Seanmw wrote:
CobaltBlew wrote:
mcg wrote:

i had that happen alot once when i had a really high fever :? like (107 degrees)

it was really annoying, i couldn't even sit up from a laying down position without it happening, let alone stand up quickly :lol:

We'll, it's good you didn't do it cos you might've lost consciousness lol.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 5:43 am

He wont let me post his pics but he pretty much said what I did. Weights and protein - lots of food too. (protein)

capriwim
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jun 2010, 8:06 am

Seanmw wrote:
my metabolism's fast.

I had this experience until recently. Somehow, in my mid-thirties, my metabolism has slowed down, and I seem to be a normal weight now. I just put it down to everyone's body being different, and changing over time - and also the fact that nervous energy burns fat very quickly. I had a lot of nervous energy - probably Aspergers contributes to that, because I always found the world extremely confusing and my mind was always racing as I tried to process and understand. I think I've finally reached a stage where I understand myself, and I accept who I am and how I interact with the world, and I have a lot of strategies in place to make my experience of life calmer.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 9:02 am

ive had the opposite problem, difficulty losing weight.

Im 6'0" and 195 pounds, id like to get down to 170-175. I excercise alot when i can, i ride a bicycle as my primary form of transportation (even in the snow), but i can never seem to get below 190.

back in 2006, i would eat mcdonalds every day, sometimes all three meals, back then i was up to 230 pounds. i decided one day i was tired of having the trots from that crap "food" and gave it up all together. to this day, i can count how many times i have been to mc'ds on one hand, and even then, it just for a small order of fries. when i do get fast food now, its usually subway, or sometimes pizza from the gas station (its pretty good)

when i was 13, i was put on celexa, then zyprexa (my father thought i was schizophrenic, he does not believe in aspergers) which caused me to gain 30 pounds in three weeks, and would put me to sleep by 11 am. after a couple months, i was put on risperdal, which did not affect my weight, i was still 150ish and 5'3".

in 2001, at 14, i decided that i did not want to be medicated anymore, i never lost that weight, but rather grew into it.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 11:09 am

Add a couple of eggs and/or avocados a day into your regular diet.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 1:09 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Im pretty sure he means muscle. who in their right mind would want to be fat?

I think whether you gain muscle or fat has more to do with exercise than diet. If you exercise and lift weights you can afford to eat more "junk" calories because any new muscle will use more energy to maintain itself. Yet if you just start eating more without adding more exercise the only place you'll gain any muscle is in the legs (to support the extra weight) and your upper body will just get fatter.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 1:42 pm

Seanmw wrote:
sometimes i think it's kind of annoying.
my metabolism's fast.

i'm 6'2'' and about 160-170 pounds
tall & slim

I Envy you lol, i have the similar problem but a tiny bit different trouble losing weight. :oops: