Page 2 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ninszot
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2010, 10:08 am

Even after recieving letters from doctors, the service providers who work with AS have turned to me and tried to tell me how they don't think I'm that bad, then I tell them about my symptoms and they tell me how rare and unusual those medical problems are and want me to get more letters to prove I have the symptoms of the disabilities I have already been diagnosed for - because they don't believe me, it's too rare and unusual - in their mind I don't even exist - I am some ficticious high functioning person who has none of the problems that have been documented all my life - to them I have nothing wrong with me and am wasting their time trying to scam services out of a system that was made for people who deserve it - I don't deserve it because to them I don't exist.

They get mad at you for asking because they look at you and are offended that you would dare ask for help because the poverty subsitance of disability services is too good for people with autism - they deserve to die in the streets then I guesse, and how dare I ask for assistance to get a job? Unless you are ret*d (IQ under 70) you only deserve their abuse it seems.

They'll abuse you for acting autistic and if you advocate for yourself they'll abuse you for sayinng you're autistic - because they can SEE that there is nothing wrong with you.

Last edited by ninszot on 22 Sep 2010, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 10:09 am

Don't make generalizations about NTs either, most of them have some sort of disorder too and they are not all the same.

You have met one Autist, you have met one autist. You have met one NT, you have met one NT. Everyone is different. There are few people who do not deny my dyspraxia, and one of them is the most NT friend I have.

It's our duty to inform people.

ninszot
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2010, 10:20 am

I wish I had an advocate to go translate to the NT's because they don't believe me when I "informe people", even when I bring them letters from doctors conferming it they are nasty

I thought being nasty, unthinking socially driven creatures was what made them NT's - right?

But what do I know - I have my own sort of retardedness, I'm not high functioning eneugh to talk through thier systems or convince them to be freinds with me, employ me or take three minutes to care. If anything happens to my man, I'm sure I'll be killing them for their wallets long before anyone cares eneugh to offer any meaningfull help . . . they are too busy abusing diabled people to help them.

BTW : if you are really destitute and the NT's won't let you access the system, killing NT's will get you a bed in a nice place with hot meals for the rest of your life :D

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 10:25 am

If someone told me that I'd call them an idiot and explain why what they just said was crap.

ninszot
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2010, 10:32 am

Actually it's not, one of the few jobs I had was working with street people who were considered "not employement ready" overwhelmingly the cronically unemployed that came to me had obvious medical barriers but were not able to access the various systems due to barriers put up by the service providers.

many of them had the same advice, some were living from experience and missing that nice secure institutional environment - jail worked for them because the outside didn't work for them.

Some had FASD some had other chronic disabilities, and were considering killing some elderly person so they could go back to jail.

So no that's not crap, for some people that's the only option they have unless they're going to be sleeping in the streets because the NT service providers don't care and won't help them.

ninszot
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2010, 10:34 am

But you have to kill them, robbing them will just get you a charge but not get you into jail

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 10:34 am

ninszot wrote:
Actually it's not, one of the few jobs I had was working with street people who were considered "not employement ready" overwhelmingly the cronically unemployed that came to me had obvious medical barriers but were not able to access the various systems due to barriers put up by the service providers.

many of them had the same advice, some were living from experience and missing that nice secure institutional environment - jail worked for them because the outside didn't work for them.

Some had FASD some had other chronic disabilities, and were considering killing some elderly person so they could go back to jail.

So no that's not crap, for some people that's the only option they have unless they're going to be sleeping in the streets because the NT service providers don't care and won't help them.

My post was aimed at what the first post said, not yours, though yours seems pretty trolly and worthy of the "crap" title now I look at it.

(though, the OP isn't a troll or anything, what his friends said was the stupid part, just to make that clear)

ninszot
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2010, 10:45 am

Hahahahahaha!

fitting - my perspective on the world is clinically unlikable - hehe what should I expect here?

I have been called all kinds of names - ret*d, loser, lazy then the doctors started coming up with names to call me - epileptic, aspergers, unfit to work.

It is because I am completely on my own and noone will ever care that I am more likly to wind up killing someone someday - so ironic!

Now I can add troll to the list of names.

Such a supportive place this Wrong Planet is . . . but what should I expect, I was directed here by a service provider and well I've never seen them do any good.

I have mostly cut all people (except my fiance) from my active life.

Perhaps this is not the place for me either - I seem to belong on a planet all of my own.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 10:48 am

ninszot wrote:
Hahahahahaha!

fitting - my perspective on the world is clinically unlikable - hehe what should I expect here?

I have been called all kinds of names - ret*d, loser, lazy then the doctors started coming up with names to call me - epileptic, aspergers, unfit to work.

It is because I am completely on my own and noone will ever care that I am more likly to wind up killing someone someday - so ironic!

Now I can add troll to the list of names.

Such a supportive place this Wrong Planet is . . . but what should I expect, I was directed here by a service provider and well I've never seen them do any good.

I have mostly cut all people (except my fiance) from my active life.

Perhaps this is not the place for me either - I seem to belong on a planet all of my own.

You come onto a forum and talk about how killing people will earn you a better life then wonder why you aren't being treated nicely? How shocking :roll:

Anyway, there'll be no more replies on this subject from me. Don't feed the trolls, as they say.

conan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 10:49 am

lostD wrote:
Don't make generalizations about NTs either, most of them have some sort of disorder too and they are not all the same.

You have met one Autist, you have met one autist. You have met one NT, you have met one NT. Everyone is different. There are few people who do not deny my dyspraxia, and one of them is the most NT friend I have.

It's our duty to inform people.

i agree

NT bashing is getting boring. for a while it seemed to disappear but now it is back. It is terrible what some of us have to go through but it is not a result of neurology, only stupid people, nasty people or maybe people who are ignorant or just having a bad day.

ninszot
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2010, 10:57 am

Yes, stupid nasy NT's give cause for "NT" bashing,

but it's not really bashing, just my understanding of my experience dealing with them -
to me they only act stupid and nasty, what else am I too think if this is consistantly what you get when you go out your door?

And the suggestion to kill them was not bashing it was good advice.

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 11:53 am

ninszot wrote:
I wish I had an advocate to go translate to the NT's because they don't believe me when I "informe people", even when I bring them letters from doctors conferming it they are nasty

I thought being nasty, unthinking socially driven creatures was what made them NT's - right?

But what do I know - I have my own sort of retardedness, I'm not high functioning eneugh to talk through thier systems or convince them to be freinds with me, employ me or take three minutes to care. If anything happens to my man, I'm sure I'll be killing them for their wallets long before anyone cares eneugh to offer any meaningfull help . . . they are too busy abusing diabled people to help them.

BTW : if you are really destitute and the NT's won't let you access the system, killing NT's will get you a bed in a nice place with hot meals for the rest of your life :D

You have not been lucky enough to meet some intelligent NTs but there are many. By the way, NT is really hard to define (since I am only dyspraxic for now, I could be considered as a NT, however, I am informed about many disorders and disabilities, never judged anyone and think/analyse everything instead of relying only on my feelings), it can be non autitistic but it can be "no disorder", htere may be less NT than you think.

The way you bash NT, based on some experiences (and feelings) is no more rational than saying "you are not autistic". Sorry.

ninszot
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2010, 12:05 pm

never claimed the wa your culture treats eachother was rational but I have learned the rules.

The NT's have taught me that we treat eachother this way - I don't think it's the way people should be treated, but fair is fair.

I find it funny that AS people are charecterized by a lack of empathy - but when we go out in the world we really don't get alot of empathy back. Instead we get told, you don't look like there is anything wrong with you so you aren't autistic".

Perhaps lack of empathy is a universal human quality.

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 12:28 pm

Quote:
Perhaps lack of empathy is a universal human quality.

I think so, people tend to be empathetic with people who share their "rules" in a way. Autistic people tend to be empathic with each other, NTs too, but people rarely understand people who live in "another world" than theirs.

ASdogGeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 1:59 pm

necroluciferia wrote:
Anyone else ever get this response when you tell people you have AS/autism?

It does kind of put me off telling people I have Aspergers sometimes.

On occasion I have told friends about it, who have turned round and said "you're not autistic/don't have AS, autism is -----" and tell me what they know about the condition based on a few myths they have read in the media. Then I panic, I don't know how to respond and just go quiet and end up feeling very stupid and as though they think I'm a liar. :(

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I go through this ALL THE TIME! Not because I tell everyone but because I have an autism service dog and people wil stop and ask questions. I have had so many people say that to me and some people are really judgmental too. I often feel like they assume I am lying and worse they seem to assume I don't need Nim and tat Nim isn't a real service dog. Yesterday I had this issue with a women she asked Why Nim had a purple jacket on so then I said she is a service dog. then she asked for what and I said autism, then she said "oh she works with autistic children, " and I said No she is my service dog the women replied " YOU don't look autistic," I said I have a high functioning form there was a long pause and I felt very uneasy so I Added I am very high functioning and she said "it must be VERY highfunctioning," I said "yeah," the she said good for you! What am I supposed to make of this?

http://autismdoggirl.blogspot.com/
http://stridersautismdogjourney.blogspot.com/

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 2:39 pm

ASdogGeek wrote:
necroluciferia wrote:
Anyone else ever get this response when you tell people you have AS/autism?

It does kind of put me off telling people I have Aspergers sometimes.

On occasion I have told friends about it, who have turned round and said "you're not autistic/don't have AS, autism is -----" and tell me what they know about the condition based on a few myths they have read in the media. Then I panic, I don't know how to respond and just go quiet and end up feeling very stupid and as though they think I'm a liar. :(

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I go through this ALL THE TIME! Not because I tell everyone but because I have an autism service dog and people wil stop and ask questions. I have had so many people say that to me and some people are really judgmental too. I often feel like they assume I am lying and worse they seem to assume I don't need Nim and tat Nim isn't a real service dog. Yesterday I had this issue with a women she asked Why Nim had a purple jacket on so then I said she is a service dog. then she asked for what and I said autism, then she said "oh she works with autistic children, " and I said No she is my service dog the women replied " YOU don't look autistic," I said I have a high functioning form there was a long pause and I felt very uneasy so I Added I am very high functioning and she said "it must be VERY highfunctioning," I said "yeah," the she said good for you! What am I supposed to make of this?

Walk around flapping your hands, running in circles before making pile of fallen leaves according to their colours and repeating that pi = 3.14 over and over again ? :lol: