Have wierd/strange things happened to you

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 5:11 pm

xemmaliex wrote:
I don't know about spiritual, but I have foredreams sometimes, dreams of things to come.
And premonitions. I guess that's what you'd call it. I can't explain it really, I will look at a certain object, and a feeling will come to me, saying 'don't bring that to school' or 'bring that, you might need it'. Or if I pay a lot of attention to an object, then hours later, something significant will happen to with that object.
As for the foredreams, I've only had 2 or 3 in my life, but sometimes I've had a dream of something really random happening, then I'll forget the dream, that event WILL happen, then I am brought back to my dream. It's really hard to explain.

Like you I have only had a few fore dreams and one repeatedly over 4 months, they were more or less predictions of seemingly ordinary events that occurred shortly afterwards. Just like you I didn't realise the dreams were significant till after the event occurred. I think this is really common with many people.

spiders
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Oct 2010, 9:06 pm

Surfman wrote:
xemmaliex wrote:
I don't know about spiritual, but I have foredreams sometimes, dreams of things to come.
And premonitions. I guess that's what you'd call it. I can't explain it really, I will look at a certain object, and a feeling will come to me, saying 'don't bring that to school' or 'bring that, you might need it'. Or if I pay a lot of attention to an object, then hours later, something significant will happen to with that object.
As for the foredreams, I've only had 2 or 3 in my life, but sometimes I've had a dream of something really random happening, then I'll forget the dream, that event WILL happen, then I am brought back to my dream. It's really hard to explain.

Like you I have only had a few fore dreams and one repeatedly over 4 months, they were more or less predictions of seemingly ordinary events that occurred shortly afterwards. Just like you I didn't realise the dreams were significant till after the event occurred. I think this is really common with many people.

I have these dreams also. Sometimes I get them a few times a week and then sometimes I will go a few months without having them. When I have them regularly I think that they're telling me I'm on the right path in my life. It's really freaky when the scene in my dream happens in real life. It feels like I'm not in my body or that I'm observing myself. I don't know how to explain it.

Also we have a poltergeist. My son and I have experienced it together and separately a lot. It isn't scary. We usually laugh about it. It's just things falling down when there is nobody there to touch it. It doesn't just happen at home either.
The first time we experienced it together, we were talking together in his bedroom. I was at the door, he was on the other side of the room. There was a desk in the room with a small christmas tree on it. While we were talking, the christmas tree fell off the desk. It was unbelievable but we both saw it happen.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 9:14 pm

alexptrans wrote:
I had a really good friend once. One of the few I've ever had, and probably the person who came closest to knowing the real me. We never met each other in real life, but we were pen pals for years. He was probably about thirty years older than me.

I had a dream about him once. There's much I don't remember about the dream, but I remember him telling me that he was all right and that I shouldn't worry about him. I remember feeling him as a very warm presence. Then he stopped sending me e-mails. A couple of weeks later I wrote to the university where he was working to ask them about his whereabouts, and they said that he had died two weeks before.

i don't believe that his "message" to you in your dream was just a dream. i would suggest you find a copy of the book "hello from heaven" and give it a try.

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 9:23 pm

the last time i died it was for several minutes. it seemed like a very long time. i was concerned about my dog ( i have never had a human to be concerned about) and went home so i could let him in the bedroom from the screened porch. i opened the door, let him in, and when i bent down to hug him for the last time i was jerked back to my broken body as the f...ing doctors revived me. way strange.

when humans went to rescue him, he was inside the bedroom with the door closed. his food, water and treats were still on the back porch. i am 100% certain he was on the porch when i left that day. not possible anyone else could have let him come inside.

what other explanation is possible other than my memory is correct? i am an agnostic so i apply no theistic meaning to this. i can tell you this, dying is very peaceful. every instance has been that way.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 9:40 pm

danandlouie wrote:
the last time i died it was for several minutes. it seemed like a very long time. i was concerned about my dog ( i have never had a human to be concerned about) and went home so i could let him in the bedroom from the screened porch. i opened the door, let him in, and when i bent down to hug him for the last time i was jerked back to my broken body as the f...ing doctors revived me. way strange.

when humans went to rescue him, he was inside the bedroom with the door closed. his food, water and treats were still on the back porch. i am 100% certain he was on the porch when i left that day. not possible anyone else could have let him come inside.

what other explanation is possible other than my memory is correct? i am an agnostic so i apply no theistic meaning to this. i can tell you this, dying is very peaceful. every instance has been that way.

reading "return from tomorrow" by dr. george ritchie, MD, i got the impression that disembodied [astral] spirits have next-to-no interaction with the physical world. he didn't mention poltergeists, though. what you experienced could be similar to the capabilities of such physically apt spirits who are actually able to manipulate physical matter while in spirit. in any case you are very fortunate.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 10:32 pm

When writing my mothers eulogy, I stayed up writing till dawn. 2 light bulbs blew above the table where I wrote.

I googled this light bulb blowing thing, and departed family are thought to spend up to a week floating about, often causing electrical faults as they are unaccustomed to being newly dead.

I had a girlfriend whose hair left her scalp at 90degrees sharp, was often hot with a wet towel on her head, had a disorder and was brilliant. CD and DVD players sometimes refused to work when she was near.

Last edited by Surfman on 11 Oct 2010, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 11:41 pm

it seems psychically talented types tend to be drawn to each other like magnets.

ladyrain
Toucan
Toucan

11 Oct 2010, 12:48 am

auntblabby wrote:
i would not call these things any evidence for psychic ability or psychic phenomena, but they did happen to me, for better or worse-
these things all have me stumped, but i don't call these psychic events because they were not under my control. but they were something outside the realm of the five senses.

I also have a selection of weird instances, and mostly they are very mundane, which in a way is what makes them so obvious. I have also had people tell me that they know what I am thinking, but now I wonder if that may be misinterpretation of odd body language or expression.

xemmaliex wrote:
And premonitions. I guess that's what you'd call it. I can't explain it really, I will look at a certain object, and a feeling will come to me, saying 'don't bring that to school' or 'bring that, you might need it'

I know that feeling very well. It is one to trust.

Surfman wrote:
more or less predictions of seemingly ordinary events that occurred shortly afterwards.

Yes, an occasional preview of something very ordinary.

auntblabby wrote:
it seems psychically talented types tend to be drawn to each other like magnets.

That is an experience I have not had - but would have liked to.

alexptrans
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 3:40 am

auntblabby wrote:
alexptrans wrote:
I had a really good friend once. One of the few I've ever had, and probably the person who came closest to knowing the real me. We never met each other in real life, but we were pen pals for years. He was probably about thirty years older than me.

I had a dream about him once. There's much I don't remember about the dream, but I remember him telling me that he was all right and that I shouldn't worry about him. I remember feeling him as a very warm presence. Then he stopped sending me e-mails. A couple of weeks later I wrote to the university where he was working to ask them about his whereabouts, and they said that he had died two weeks before.

i don't believe that his "message" to you in your dream was just a dream. i would suggest you find a copy of the book "hello from heaven" and give it a try.

Oh, I don't believe it was just a dream either. Thanks for the book recommendation, I'll try to track down a copy.

RossIsCool
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Oct 2010, 12:31 pm

I am stalked on a daily basis

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 1:19 pm

Interesting thread. I misunderstood the title at first and came in to relate a story of a one legged man chasing me down, trying to hit me with his fake leg...

Anyhoo... yes, I have had experiences that were odd pertaining to the titles actual intention. The house I grew up in was, for lack of better word, haunted. I used to see two girls running around and there was a little boy in the bedroom that eventually became mine. He scared the hell out of me and my mom used to say the girls were my imaginary friends and the boy was a nightmare. The boy told me the girls were his sisters and they were trying to be invisible. He also told me that they lived in the house before us and had to run away because their dad put their mom in the hospital and he used to hit them. They had a pet rabbit who told me to kick in this door in my closet to find the kids fort. I kicked in the door and there was a little room in there with all the walls and ceiling covered in sunday newspaper comics. I eventually asked my babysitter who lived next door to me who used to live in our house and she told me a family with two girls and a boy and one day the mom and kids left in a hurry when the dad was off at work and next she knew the house was up for sale. Talk like that used to make people say I had a good imagination. But when I got older it was less "Oh, look how cute! She's creative" and became, "Geez.... maybe we should get her some pills to fix that." It's all perspective really. In some cultures it is a good thing to be in tune with your surroundings and whatnot, in other cultures they call it schizophrenia.

Sometimes I have weird head trip things where I see things. Usually it is about someone else. I took to doing numerology a few years ago because people do not like it when you randomly tell them things about themselves. Somehow it is less creepy when you tell them that the numbers told you so.

tonin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2010, 3:32 pm

ruveyn wrote:
I have experienced strange (i.e. unusual events) but nothing supernatural. Everything that exists is natural.

ruveyn

:D

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 6:05 pm

I have experienced what I believe to be spiritual events at different times in my life.

Shortly after my grandmother died 7 years ago, I had a vivid dream that I was lying in bed in a completely white room that was illuminated brightly by sunlight, and a breeze was causing the curtains to billow. I heard a man's voice tell me, "Don't worry, your grandmother is fine. She made it." I woke up from the dream feeling very warm and tingly inside.

One night, my brother and I were in my room telling terrible jokes to each other. We carried on, laughing and having fun... until we heard a very loud, sudden sound from outside. Since there had been a storm earlier that day, we assumed it was a tree branch snapping, because that's what it sounded like. But the next day when we told our mother about it, she said that she heard no noise and there were no tree branches in the yard.

One day at junior high school, I was working on an assignment when I began hearing a song from church in my head for no reason. The next period, at lunch, I got into a huge fight with my best friend and was emotionally devastated.

The other night, I was doing something I shouldn't be doing while I was in the bath (I'll leave the details to your imagination). I began hearing voices talking in words that were indecipherable. I tried to ignore them but they got louder and louder. I also felt a presence in the room, as though there was a huge beast or person in there with me, right outside the sliding glass door. I felt so scared that my hands trembled. I stopped what I was doing and immediately everything went away.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 9:37 pm

IdahoRose wrote:

Shortly after my grandmother died 7 years ago, I had a vivid dream that I was lying in bed in a completely white room that was illuminated brightly by sunlight, and a breeze was causing the curtains to billow. I heard a man's voice tell me, "Don't worry, your grandmother is fine. She made it." I woke up from the dream feeling very warm and tingly inside.

The day I busted my shoulder playing football, I had a similar vivid dream where I dreamt this hovering light filled being startled me in my sleep and moved from the base of the bed to my side and sat next to me in concern for my injury. I said something like 'I'm okay' and begun to be sexually aroused by this light filled obscure featured entity emitting tremendous warmth and love.

I couldnt help myself at 25 years old and being football fit, though my arousal was only in my mind......, and then poof, this thing evaporated into the night. I sat up suddenly from sleep and remembered everything intensely. I went to the kitchen and stayed up the rest of the night, unable to decide if I was disturbed by my sexual reaction for this kindly spirit creature, or whether I had imagined the whole thing and created this maternal female figure from my unconscious.

I pondered this dilemma for the next weeks. Day 9 after Dream Roswell I was flicking through the local free paper in a now common haze, when my eyes were compelled to a tiny classified in the lower corner, well away from my gaze of previous pages, and I never read the classifieds anyway.

The classified was for a night class called "Getting to know your spirit guides"

Up to that point in my life, I was physically orientated and somewhat of a bimbo. After I popped my shoulder and dream roswell I began to read, meditate and travel a lot through South East Asia. My life could have been very different without that injury.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 11:01 pm

Surfman wrote:
I was physically orientated and somewhat of a bimbo. After I popped my shoulder and dream roswell I began to read, meditate and travel a lot through South East Asia. My life could have been very different without that injury.

injuries have a tendency to close one door and crack open other doors.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 7:14 am

I noticed insane homeless people seem to be drawn to me wanting to shake my hand or give me hug. This is a nightmare situation for me since I do not like to be touched and I fear diseases. It got so bad durring a visit to Toronto, Ontario my friends would have to walk in front of me like a human shield to block their advances or to hide me.

The coolest thing happened on that trip was a homeless guy on a bike rode past me and called me by my first name and said "do not become a slave to the microchip." :D I should have listen to him. :wink: