Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 3:18 pm

I'm very weird with food, and I'm noticing it more that I live on my own and I'm actually responsible for buying groceries and cooking. I also experience hunger as nausea, so I over-eat and snack regularly to avoid that feeling because if I don't do anything about it quickly I WILL vomit. I don't like taking time to cook food because there is always several activities that are more interesting or more important. All sorts of different textures bother me. Right now I'm try to eat these dried apricots and it's really bothering me. I don't mind the taste, but the texture is really weird. Eating salad/lettuce grosses me out if I think about it too much. Usually I'll eat the same thing for days or weeks at a time. I agree that they need to invent a food pill that is nutritionally balanced and keeps you from feeling hungry for at least 24 hours.

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 4:36 pm

My children are the only reason i still eat sometimes....i think i could starve myself to death without realising. At times i will go all shutdowny with a headache and a bear mood, and suddently realise it must mean i am starving. I just don't like eating, it always felt like a lot of time lost for nothing. especially in france since they like to sit at a table and talk for hours and when you leave the table it's almost time for the next dinner, which is why i HATE being invited for dinner or spending any lenght of time at someone else's house. Just exhausts me.

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 4:52 pm

During lunchtime, if I eat at least two items of my food, I will immediately need to go to the bathroom, and my stomach is more sensitive than I would like it to be, so I sometimes have adverse reactions to it (too embarrassing to tell). I also can't eat foods if they are a certain texture or smell, such as milk or smoothies.