Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ci
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 1:30 am

I don't watch T.V but like war movies and sometime space. I don't often watch T.V and now live close to a movie theater and watch everything even the girly ones as ladies are interesting but not the really children ones except for the 3d ones. I just think in virtual models kind of to create understanding of complex topics. The N.T and Aspie and label things Annoys me and I am still trying to figure out why.

The origins of the universe however to me does not have a model because it never originated. It's unlike any other complex topic because most people have the wrong theory and so how they think of it has an abstract model but they are so wrong!

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 6:42 am

I think that there are autistic traits (not recognising your own or others emotions, failing to learn from experience, adherence to routine) that can make people vulnerable to being abused and to abusing others. I certainly think that people with ASD can hurt the feelings of others, and do things that result in accusations of bullying / harassment.

In autistic people I would say there is an absence of malice, power-seeking or manipulation in these actions - it is genuinely a failure to see hurt, even when repeating a behaviour similar to another event previously identified as hurtful.

To put a positive spin on this, I have seen some talented technical people forced into managing crises, without administrative support. Their solutions can be quite damaging on an emotional level, despite being technically excellent. This is an area where employers can really help.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 12:12 pm

He's got a monkey photo.

EmaN
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2010, 2:20 pm

ci wrote:
In high school I was like this:

1. Get me out of here it's crazy, get me out of the mainstream, put my head on my desk to de-stimulate and just let me stay in the cubical in the resource class.

2. Socially I had no friends in high school, wanted no friends and was beat up by neighbor people (football players) that could have been called my friends and the other bully that constantly called me dumb slammed my hand in a door from private school. Now I don't want to be the victim here because I hate thinking I have no control over things. I did lots of fart noises at lunch time and was yelled at by a teacher as I didn't know the classrooms window was open. I was obsessed with WWF undertaker and enjoyed getting the hell beat out of me for the sake that I could prove they couldn't hurt me. But the few times I was slammed on the dirt the lights went out my parents told me they were bullying me. I just wish they could have let me win sometimes or made it more into a friendly sport.

3. I think the vocal stimulations with weird noises pissed some people off. I just didn't care nor still care much about relating to peers in how others do. People attacked me at times that were obvious bullies and sometimes well they wished they hadn't because they would punch me in face and I'd just stand there and say is that the best you could do and if they continued I would close hang them and do a flying jay wrestling move on them but I was neither strong nor a provocateur of violence. Another time these two much larger fellas threatened me and I just stared in their eyes and said when would you like to goto jail.

Young folks can be crazy. I enjoyed myself when I was not overwhelmed even if to this date I usually have an auto-inflatable whoopee cushion I can enter into a social environment with. I suppose making people laugh is how I enjoy myself.

It's to bad the school systems are so incompatible with my brain. I learned more after school with my own studies then in the schools private and public. I am very different as an adult then when I was a child.

Nathan Young

I always made cat noises. I thought it would be funny and could help me make friends, but everyone said I was dumb afterward.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 2:34 pm

Yep I made cat noises to.

Sometimes still do. But my psychology changes it seems from less impulsive.

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2010, 3:00 pm

I bullied those who bullied me.