No don't be silly! 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
No don't be silly! 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 96

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2006, 7:15 am

SpaceCase wrote:
I make T-shirts about AS.Yeah,I would say I'm obsessed with it.

-SpaceCase :)
what do they say?

Barracuda
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2006, 10:49 pm

It's a minor obsession at the moment.

alexa232
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2006, 3:10 pm

count me in.

jammie wrote:
when i was feeling rather scared and looked into a book just to look at the word aspergers and autism to make myself feel better.... got to love obbsessions.

yes indeed. Depression is quickly forgotten about when our hyperfocus ability kicks in. Yay for obsessions.

jammie wrote:
I am also a rather lot obbsessed with trying to figure out wether i am aspergers or not. its really is taking up alot of time.... but this is how obbsession are

A price we have to pay. (But for the record, I'll say it again: yay for obsessions. )

chinatown
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jul 2006, 12:11 pm

I've been obsessed with it for 2 years now. You know, I used to google it at least once a day until I got sick of reading the same things over and over again. Then I found a few books in the library, started talking to people online and writing down things that I had learned about myself.

But it wasn't life-altering in the sense that it would have changed how I felt about myself. It was too late for that. By that time I had pretty much learned to cope and live on my own terms. You know, you can be a total outcast and still make your life worth living...

Last edited by chinatown on 20 Jul 2006, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mnemosyne
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2006, 2:40 pm

I would say that AS is my current "obsessional interest/special interest," but I think it's currently justified since this is all still new to me. I'm reading book after book in an effort to find some answers about how to better cope with this, and most of the books seem to either be aimed at parents who are raising a child with AS, or giving NTs "a glimpse into the world of AS."

Ryebot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2006, 5:11 pm

It was actually my wife who first informed me about AS. i initially reacted in a defensive manner when she said she thought i may have it, but when i actually saw some websites and read books, i was totally obsessed. i'd finally found an explanation for why i was the way i am.