Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Feb 2011, 6:44 am

Great video - love the outfit :)

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 7:46 am

Aw, cats are great. My boyfriend has a fluffy feline... I spoil her like mad every time I go to visit. She is quite the handful, though. She is always begging for food and attention. We call her a terror. She's always had a lot of energy and she loves to come bug you at all the wrong times. Like at 4 AM in the morning. She'll jump on you and start licking your eyelids. "Hiiiii! Good morning!" And she does the "I'm gonna knead your stomach to make it more comfortable" thing. She also likes to drape over your shoulders when you're studying or trying to work. Quite annoying, really, but she's also a sweetheart. She may be a jerk, but she is lovable all the same.

Also, I agree about the raising two cats bit, as opposed to one. When I was younger, our family got a brother and a sister as kittens. They were indoor/outdoor cats and generally well adjusted. They had stuff to do during the day, but they'd happily come laze around on the bed at nighttime if they wanted attention. Good stuff.

That said, I'm also a dog person.. and an animal person.

Rat_Barzane
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Feb 2011, 8:34 am

I'm not all that keen on cats personally but much of the reason for that is bad experiences with some very badly behaved cats, and that fact that I am allergic to 99% of them.. I'm more of a dog & rat person. (Although I just generally like animals)
I currently have one cat, (the only one I kept when my ex ran off and left me with 4) and she's kinda half dog in her behaviour, so we get on ok :lol: Plus I'm not allergic to her which is a bonus.

Your Aspie score: 155 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 8:40 am

Your accent is so adorable!
So is the kitty makeup. :3

Densha

16 Feb 2011, 8:50 am

Cat are one of my main interests. Growing up an only child, and always being around multitudes of cats, I always considered the one's I lived with as my 'brothers' and 'sisters'. I have never verbalised that to anyone though.

I've always had a connection with cats, and can now correlate the relationships people have with each other to the relationship I have with cats. I'm always pleased with joy to see cats. When I am walking and come across a cat, I always try to spend a minute with them. Most unfamiliar cats are very friendly if approached carefully.

In total, 7 cats have lived in my house in 27 years. Currently we have two siblings who just turned 1 years old recently (Albert and Monster). :D

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 10:27 am

Pandora_Box wrote:
sterfry wrote:
I thought the disgusting part would be you eating cat food.

Hey hey. I use to eat cat food. lol.

Until someone told me it was wrong.

And I'm being serious.

I used to try out my cat's food before I gave it to her. Just to make sure it was good enough for her. :lol:

sterfry
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 2:22 pm

astaut wrote:
Pandora_Box wrote:
sterfry wrote:
I thought the disgusting part would be you eating cat food.

Hey hey. I use to eat cat food. lol.

Until someone told me it was wrong.

And I'm being serious.

I used to try out my cat's food before I gave it to her. Just to make sure it was good enough for her. :lol:

I hope you two are talking about the dry food. That might actually be palatable with some milk, like cereal. Kitty Krispies? The wet stuff on the other hand grosses me out. I put it at about the same level as any type of excrement. This might be because we used to buy the store brand and not Fancy Feast. It didn't have any effect on her longevity though, she lived a full 18 years.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 2:32 pm

I watched some of your videos last year. Funny that you are a mod here.

I like cats in theory but I was raised as a dog person and I still am one. Dogs are like cartoons, easy to grasp. My dog is a fan of toys and the other day made a big pile of toys and laid down on top of them like a dragon, all while wagging his tail. That, I understand.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 2:39 pm

You have more confidence than I do. D:

Personally, I quite love cats. Especially mine. They are a source of comfort and friendship for me. I could not live without mine.

JSMC
Raven
Raven

16 Feb 2011, 5:09 pm

Personally, I don't like cat very much... But I love dogs, maybe it's because when I was a kid my parents did dog breeding (Samoyede, we had 15+ dogs) and my father did some dog sled racing. So I feel very close to them... Maybe it's my passion for dogs that caused me to dislike cats...

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 6:13 pm

:D
My kitties are my best friends. They seem to know when I'm feeling down and come to comfort me. Or just make me laugh and cheer me up. Some people say they're just being manipulative when they cuddle, but I don't care. :lol: I don't think it's true though. They come to cuddle even right after they eat.

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 6:44 pm

Fun video. You make a good cat.

Cats are great. I adore my cat. My only regret is that I didn't get two cats at once, so they could keep each other entertained when I am at work or trying to sleep.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 9:27 pm

simon_says wrote:
I watched some of your videos last year. Funny that you are a mod here.

I like cats in theory but I was raised as a dog person and I still am one. Dogs are like cartoons, easy to grasp. My dog is a fan of toys and the other day made a big pile of toys and laid down on top of them like a dragon, all while wagging his tail. That, I understand.

I'm not a mod. :P

Thanks for watching everyone, and its all thanks to you that I got the opinions :)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 4:56 pm

hale_bopp, you are cool.

I love cats too. I have a cat, and sometimes I get a bit irritated with her when she comes into the room and leaves the door open and I shout at her, she still forgives me and the next minute she's on my lap purring and I'm giving her all my love.

She's nearly 12 and so she's getting older. I hope she lives a very long life because I don't know what I'd do without her. I had her since I was 9 and she's like a little sister to me.

chis
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Sep 2011, 2:31 pm

Cats have made huge differences in my life. When human relationships are hard and breaking down a cat has always been around to offer a very easily understood and compartmentalised relationship fix that can be taken 3-4 times a day.
One language I have no problems speaking and understanding is cat.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr with narowed eyes from me (hello friend) to Hale Bop.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 5:55 pm

I used to like them until I had a special interest about toxoplasmosis

Does your BF like the catwoman thing?

I preferred your 2nd latest video about your medication...