Page 2 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

20 Feb 2011, 3:01 am

I dont have the typical aspie face because my AS is caused by brain injury as an infant. I have a small head, regular set eyes, strong jaw for a woman but small chin. I look like a female version of my father.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 7:44 am

Do I seem like an aspie to you guys?

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 9:30 am

My face is in my avatar. Compare, discuss.

I can provide the large version if need be. v_v

@Cockney, love your hair. :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 11:33 am

Jonsi wrote:
My face is in my avatar. Compare, discuss.

I can provide the large version if need be. v_v

@Cockney, love your hair. :D

Thank you. :)

ASdogGeek
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 12:03 pm

can you see it in my picture? I will post 1 recent ones and one from my childhood :)

[img][800:692]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/zeev227/IMG_0004-1.jpg[/img]

http://autismdoggirl.blogspot.com/
http://stridersautismdogjourney.blogspot.com/

shaybugz
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2011, 4:09 pm

Ok, I know nobody has yet to analyze any of the pics posted, and I'm new so I can't say much but am curious as to if I "look" aspie too. Pictures found below:

Image From Christmas

[img][800:1200]http://i53.tinypic.com/fz0qcx.jpg[/img] from about 2 years ago ... which is about the oldest digital picture I can find.... sad, but true :-/

ASdogGeek- I can see it in the lic of you in the water... am new to aspie-ness so I don't know about the younger pics.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 4:20 pm

I don't see any facial similarities amongst the aspies/auties I am well acquainted with including myself. I think I actually think I have small eyes, possibly close-set eyes :?. All I know is that none of my features really "pop" unlike the aspie/autie eye thing. Plus, I've always had a tiny head.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 7:49 pm

This reminds me of the SS Ahnenerbe who had hair swatches, eye color charts, and calipers designed to check a person's features to see how Aryan they were. They had units that would ride into the conqured lands to check childrens hair, eyes, and facial features so they can be raised in proper Germanic families.

All this will do is create situations that will make people uncomfortable or set some people up for harrassment. It could cause undiagnosed aspies to think they are not autistic because they do not look autistic. You will also have NTs picked on for looking autistic. This is nothing but trouble so leave it to the experts at diagnosis of autistics. We already have therapists who have no idea how to spot one of us and now posts like this will add to the confusion.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 7:53 pm

ASdogGeek wrote:
can you see it in my picture? I will post 1 recent ones and one from my childhood :)

[img][800:692]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/zeev227/IMG_0004-1.jpg[/img]

I can see it in both pictures.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Feb 2011, 7:55 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Do I seem like an aspie to you guys?

Hi CockneyRebel. I am putting on my analyzing glasses and rendering my diagnosis---yes, you seem like an Aspie to me. I also think you might be interested in The Kinks :) .

Congratulations on the over 50,000 posts. I don't think I could ever get that many posts. You are a member that always makes me feel good to have on the WP. I appreciate your presence here.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 8:17 pm

Even though I am a doubting Thomas here is a couple of picks of me. My eyes are blocked by the reflection of my computer screen because I have a hard time looking into my own eyes in the mirror or in photos. When I sculpt I have a hard time getting the eyes right. Sometimes I get headaches while sculpting them.

Todesking with beard

Todesking without beard

Pretty Scarry Stuff

Last edited by Todesking on 22 Feb 2011, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 9:42 pm

So large foreheads, wide eyes and a large skull are overt signs of a neurological difference? So, people without neurological difference never have these traits? Genetics is a mixed bag. There are a few congential conditions that produce specific facial featues but trying to pinpoint the 'aspie' face seems almost demeaning - like people need to have a definite way to pick us out of the crowd without having to chance interacting with us?

Besides, aren't big foreheads a sign of high intelligence?

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Feb 2011, 9:56 pm

This is supposed to be more fun than serious I think---and far from proven science. It's just that the OP feels that there are some facial traits that seem to occur more often. It isn't suppose to say that all of us have these features.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 10:00 pm

draelynn wrote:
So large foreheads, wide eyes and a large skull are overt signs of a neurological difference?

Besides, aren't big foreheads a sign of high intelligence?

According to the Nazis that is what an Aryan is supose to look like. They said the Slavic people had round faces. Then they tore into the Ukraine and it turned out the Ukrainian people were as Aryan looking as them but they still took their land and persecuted their people fo being slavic. The Ukrainians even greated them as liberators at first but due to Hitler's twisted racial idiology treated them as untermensch. Look where it got the Nazis in the end. :wink:

Last edited by Todesking on 20 Feb 2011, 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Digsy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Feb 2011, 10:01 pm

A friends friends uncle once had his palm read by a passing gypsy woman, and he says that all males with 12" todgers are aspies and the ladies have birth marks on each buttock.
He gave me a lucky rabbits foot so now I have the ability to tell if people are aspies from photo's of their buttocks, sorry guys not well versed on male detection.
So come on lets see those photo's.

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Feb 2011, 10:06 pm

I remember a youtuber with asperger's did a video about this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8wxlVX8mwY[/youtube]