Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

19 Jul 2006, 6:49 pm

Barracuda wrote:
I think it should deal with minor villans for a while.

Yeah he could start as a kid just defending the weak from bullies by teaching them
creativie ways to deal with the bullies. Maybe a childhood bully he fights could become an evil guy he fights later in life.

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2006, 8:21 pm

Quote:
I think it should deal with minor villans for a while. (I mean small time, with nothing behind them) Then as he gets more well known, people start coming after him, although he still cracks down on a few others. Then we find out that there is a mastermind behind the people coming after him, although they appear to have no connection: A genocidal, supersmart manic who is bent on wiping out all autistics. or, even better, he is from another planet, and when finally found, it is revealed that Aspie man is also from a different planet, and that all autistics on earth are from alien interbreeding. Then Aspie man eventually has to roam across the galaxy, searching for this villan. Who knows what he'll find? At the end he has to go home, though, to his home planet, which could either stay isolated, or open up to earth.
aspiegirl2, you inspired almost all of that. Thanks.

I really like that idea; that is a way to keep the series going, having him travel the galaxy. The alien-interbreeding might be a little extreme for some people, but I myself think it is a very good notion. :)

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

20 Jul 2006, 4:37 am

I saw this site on a tv news show :
http://www.mycomicbookcreator.com/

Its suppose to allow you to make comics easy. They said the software cost $30 on tv.

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2006, 6:46 am

Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory :D

alexa232
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2006, 6:49 am

Steve_Cory wrote:
Quote:
If you think about it, a lot of TV shows have people not all that far removed from what you are suggesting.

House, Monk, various Law and Order, CSI and all sorts of shows have people who, if not AS, are at least certainly not neurologically typical. They tend to be good at solving crimes or whatever they do, but are hopeless in social situations, in fact they are usually slightly obsessive and devoted to whatever it is they do, which is why they are good.

Take House (or House MD as I think it's called in the USA) for example, the guy knows his stuff, a veritable encyclopedia of obscure medical information, yet he has relatively poor social skills and tends to deal with people by either insulting them, telling people exactly what he thinks and generally being annoying and perplexing to the 'ordinary' doctors and people. I'm not suggesting that House has AS, but he does have some similar characteristics, in fact people who know me well and like the show, including my own family, have commented that I am similar in behaviour to House in some ways (not sure if that is good or bad! ).

In fact it's often fairly common to pair a seemingly odd couple up in these shows. Usually one character is a somewhat innocent and noble minded individual who is extremely logical and knows lots of facts and stuff that come in useful and generally sees the world in black and white, almost robot like, but they are usually hopeless at some social situations completely missing the fact that beautiful women are coming on to them and so forth, so they are quite Aspie like in a way. Then we have the cynical but street smart one who can do all the stuff the other guy can't like talk themselves out of situations and generally be a lying, devious, scoundrel. Both end up compliementing each other well even if they pretend not to get along and the 'odd couple' or 'good cop/bad cop' relationship has become fairly common in movies and tv shows. The old TV show Due South is probably a reasonable example of this and I could probably come up with lots more if I sat down and thought about it more.

I have watched a few episodes of HOUSE and it does appear that he has AS traits. House is an interesting character, in that he is so completely unique from all the other surrounding characters. That alone is probably the main reason the show is so successful: that, and his magnificent ability to diagnose mysterious illnesses or ailments. :wink:

Quote:
maybe he's more of an observer than an "interacter".

He does observe the villains and their dealings; but we really need him to 'interact' with the story. That is what makes a great superhero, IMO.

yea indeed. What I was trying to say, was that like, say, Clark Kent, he is a rather unnoticable person. This way he gains control over the people around him by letting them think they are the ones who a re in control.

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2006, 10:34 am

Quote:
yea indeed. What I was trying to say, was that like, say, Clark Kent, he is a rather unnoticable person. This way he gains control over the people around him by letting them think they are the ones who a re in control.

I agree. :)

1Oryx2
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jul 2006, 1:06 am

And he needs to be hypo sensitive to cold or heat!

Oh and have a high tolerance for pain.

Ummmm.....was there anything else I forgot? Oh! Can the costume be made out of the fun puzzle piece design that the Autism bracelets have on them. (You know, breast cancer has the pink loop thingy and ours has the blue, red and yellow puzzle pieces. It's cool, but I dunno what it's called ^^U) :?

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2006, 1:31 am

How about a story centered on character that is supposedly a villain, but is really far more heroic.

This would go with some of the cliches. The character wouldn't need to have any super powers, but is so brilliant and skilled with inventions that he doesn't need powers.

The supposed villain would struggle with the authorities, of which the Heros are just agents of. The super heros are just more agents of it.

The main character would be doing things like trying to find unlimited energy, solve world hunger, and fight for social justice.

Most of the heros would believe they're doing the right thing. Many of them would just be idiots with a lot of power (good metaphor for authority to begin with :P). Some could be absolute monsters. Some understand that some of what their side is doing is wrong, but are still genuinely good people.

There would also be rival villains, that are just power hungry freaks. Some are just people that get the villain label slapped on. Others might just be fellow non conformists.

And it goes without saying that all these groups would form temporary alliances with each other, to fight with each other.

Slight variation on a series of stories I've written that aren't very well written.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2006, 3:26 am

Another weakness could be clumsyness! Imagine the superhero is about to catch the bad guy then trips and falls and has to figure a batmanlike way of getting out of the predicament (anyone think Batman was an aspie he sorta seems that way to me).

Vote for me in 2020 :-D