Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

22 Mar 2011, 12:22 pm

Gideon wrote:
Health care shouldn't be controlled by Government. That is unless you like Big Brother making decisions about your legal rights because of what some quack under qualified Doctor who is a state employee says about you.

Do you really think a public employee has your best interest at heart over a qualified professional who actually has to compete in a market place for patients. If the government says - Aspies don't exist....Poof they are gone. If the Government says Aspies exist but each one we Identify needs to be locked-up. Poof in a government controlled system you are locked up.

Private Doctors and private care is private.

This 400 dollars doesn't even include an evaluation by a Doctor... Use your ability to shop around while you still have it and find a real professional not a state approved/state funded "professional".

This is why the US has some of the worst health care in the "developed" world, right? All those qualified professionals in the private sector?

As for privacy, it's the government that passed HIPAA.

Gideon
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2011, 12:24 pm

Well saying that every Doctor in the UK was the Paragon of Virtue and Qualification was already so utterly ridiculous nothing I said or could say can even come close to such a unmitigated stupid and naive statement.

Sorry but you have no credibility in this discussion after such a statement.

Gideon
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2011, 12:25 pm

Verdandi wrote:
Gideon wrote:
Health care shouldn't be controlled by Government. That is unless you like Big Brother making decisions about your legal rights because of what some quack under qualified Doctor who is a state employee says about you.

Do you really think a public employee has your best interest at heart over a qualified professional who actually has to compete in a market place for patients. If the government says - Aspies don't exist....Poof they are gone. If the Government says Aspies exist but each one we Identify needs to be locked-up. Poof in a government controlled system you are locked up.

Private Doctors and private care is private.

This 400 dollars doesn't even include an evaluation by a Doctor... Use your ability to shop around while you still have it and find a real professional not a state approved/state funded "professional".

This is why the US has some of the worst health care in the "developed" world, right? All those qualified professionals in the private sector?

As for privacy, it's the government that passed HIPAA.

Actually the US has the best Health care in the developed world. Bar none. But you have to pay for it, until this nonsense called Obama Care destroys it.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

22 Mar 2011, 12:30 pm

Gideon wrote:
Well saying that every Doctor in the UK was the Paragon of Virtue and Qualification
That's not what I said.
Quote:
Sorry but you have no credibility in this discussion after such a statement.
And you're not in the UK, so all of your information is at least second-hand.

Gideon wrote:
until this nonsense called Obama Care destroys it.
Ah yes, I thought so. This explains much.

Gideon
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2011, 12:36 pm

Yes I am not in the UK but my Doctor graduated at the very top of his Class from the University of Edinburgh. Oh yeah I almost forgot most of the top graduates in Medicine come to our poor little Backward America.

I guess the best want to practice where health care is so much less advanced, leaving the rest who couldn't cut it at home to practice there in your splendid super advanced medical units. :roll:

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

22 Mar 2011, 12:37 pm

Gideon wrote:
Actually the US has the best Health care in the developed world. Bar none. But you have to pay for it, until this nonsense called Obama Care destroys it.

Have you actually done any homework on this?

The US ranks 37th in the world for health care, and health care reform did not cause this, the rankings were determined in 2000. The US also ranks 24th in terms of life expectancy and 28th in infant mortality in 1998. In 2006, 45.7 million people were uninsured.

An opinion piece you are unlikely to agree with, but one that still has more bearing on reality than what you assert. The information in it is accurate.

Given statistics like that, I am curious as to what definition of "best health care" you're using, as it is surely not an objective measure. Perhaps one should ask, "the best health care for whom?"

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

22 Mar 2011, 12:42 pm

Gideon wrote:
my Doctor graduated at the very top of his Class from the University of Edinburgh.
That's the university in the UK and not in America, right? :roll: :lol:

Gideon
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2011, 12:42 pm

America Ranks number 1 if you exclude those without health insurance and those who refuse to buy it for themselves. The actual care is all that counts and if you are willing to pay for it America has the best bar none.

Gideon
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2011, 12:44 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Gideon wrote:
my Doctor graduated at the very top of his Class from the University of Edinburgh.
That's the university in the UK and not in America, right? :roll: :lol:

Yes your top physicians come here to practice. The smartest and best people your country can produce come here. That fact should actually make you think about your supposition. If your best leave what are you left with?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

22 Mar 2011, 12:49 pm

Gideon wrote:
If your best leave what are you left with?
The teachers? That's pretty useful, and a large proportion of the world seems to think so too. :lol:
That, along with all the others who don't go to America?

Gideon
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2011, 12:54 pm

It's great to have teachers but you know what they say about those who can and those who teach. When we get the top I don't care what happens to the scrubs.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 1:01 pm

Gideon wrote:
It's great to have teachers but you know what they say about those who can and those who teach. When we get the top I don't care what happens to the scrubs.

A much repeated idiom that suggests that teachers aren't worthy of respect. Yes.

A statement someone made to express his contempt for teachers in 1903 does not have any bearing on what instructors are actually like. It's little more than truthy wisdom that appeals to the gut, and lacks truly rigorous intellectual analysis.

Gideon
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2011, 1:04 pm

As far as I have been able to discern this little piece of witty wisdom is ultimately true and bears little relation to the fact that the best and brightest in the medical world come to the United States to practice.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 1:07 pm

Because America is where the money is... I'm not sure there is any high moral or ethical grounds at work here. American medicine is about the money. Period.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 1:13 pm

Gideon wrote:

Mindless talking point.

That's like saying we have the best cars in the world because you can buy a Ferrari if you have the money.

The United States may have the tools and services in place for the best health care in the world. But we don't have a distribution system that provides sufficient access to a large enough portion of the population in an affordable manner.

JadeEyes
Toucan
Toucan

22 Mar 2011, 1:17 pm

Better $400 than the 16-thousand dollar psychiatric hospitalization I learned of my diagnosis through! And to this day i still have doubts about being an aspie! The fact that I tend to be trusting of other people and the constant complaints about physicians in my area send me mixed messages, and the thing my therapist beleives-that theres a little bit of AS in everyone makes me even more confused. So I can understand your apprehension about all this: Nobody wants to find out they've been living a lie-which is exactly what I feel everytime I get something "right" socially! And there are more times than not that I'm certain that I have AS- because NTs do not meltdown or stim in public while I constantly have tantrums and will bob or vibrate in place when i become impatient on lines and in quiet, boring places. NTs can be picky eaters, but their list of dislikes probably only spans 3 or 4 different foods, while my list is 15 or more items long because certain textures make me gag! And NTs can tolerate loud noises better than I can-I have an uncle who can fire a gun with no hearing protection and not wince while the sound of a vaccum cleaner or a fire siren makes me want to cover my ears. And NTs dont seem to be bothered by the feel of clothes rubbing over dry skin or hangnails while the mere thought makes me cringe! Do any of these things describe you? If they do, you probably have some form of Autism, if not AS than probably PDD-NOS, which is autism that fits into none of the other criteria. Rest assured, Even if you arent Autistic, people will not see you any differently- I've come to understand that Aspies are excellent judges of character despite their lack of nonverbal know-how, and if you've been friendly to us as a self-diagnosed individual, than you'll be no less friendly as an NT!