Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

AllieKat
Toucan
Toucan

07 May 2011, 2:24 am

I also prefer socks to going barefoot but will go barefoot and just wear really comfy sandals if it's above 85 F outside (generally only happens where I live about 30 days a year)

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 2:28 am

y-pod wrote:
White socks? Hmm, I don't think I have any white socks. I have them in nearly every color of the rainbow, to match my equally colorful clothes. :D I'm not working and don't need to look professional.

Over the years, I've tried colorful socks. They never felt or looked right. I think the worst color for socks by far is gray. Makes the wearer look like they haven't washed their socks in ages.

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 4:05 am

i like mine colourful with stripes. the more colours, matching or not, the better. i like anklets and knee length socks best. sometimes i mismatch pairs because i cant decide which to wear and that way i can fit more colours and patterns onto my feet. cotton socks are all i wear but that is coincidence.

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 5:53 am

shadowchyld wrote:
THESE are what I mostly wear, in black for work, white at home. I like the ones with the arch supports more, same style, just a little support in the center. Those can be harder to find sometimes though. So these are usually pretty sufficient.

I just wear plain white socks, similar to those. In fact, I'm wearing them now!

I don't really like going barefoot as that's another sensitivity of its own. I don't really like wearing socks when I'm in bed, though. It feels like they are cutting off circulation. The only problem with that, though, is that my feet are really sensitive to the fabric of the bedsheets. One of my other blankets is this wooly material and drives me nuts! So quite often I wake up in the middle of the night and need to fix the blankets just so that my feet aren't touching that material. :oops:

Anyhow, I'd like to get more comfortable socks one day! I like those big fluffy ones sometimes. Most socks that I've worn, though, have seams or are made of uncomfortable materials. Does anyone have a good brand that they recommend? :)

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 1:29 pm

I have no issues with most regular socks. I actually dislike the feeling of barefoot on many surfaces. I just cannot wear running shoes without socks. Just cannot.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 1:36 pm

I wear socks as little as possible. I have to wear them two days a week when I wear wellies on the farm. Most of the rest of the time I am barefoot. Socks make me feel trapped and angry.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 1:54 pm

I only like to wear soft fuzzy loose socks, and I buy women's because I don't think they make them for men. :( If they do, I haven't found them.

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 2:25 pm

I really dislike wearing socks (not as much as I hate wearing shoes though) and I love being barefoot, but unfortunately I need to wear socks most of the time anyway, due to cold feet and because I can't wear shoes or sandals without socks.

I like one particular brand of sport socks. They're 100% cotton and they're really soft. They're thick, but I never sweat in them, unlike most other kinds of socks. They fit very comfortably on my feet. The cuffs are not too tight, but tight enough for the socks to not slip down much. They reach comfortably high above the ankle. I hate socks that either reach too short up or really high up. The socks look rather simple, they're either black with the brand name (Maraþon) in white on the cuffs, or white with the brand name in black. I like socks that look simple.

These socks are neither really expensive nor particularly cheap, they're somewhere in the middle. I usually buy only this brand of socks and I have many pairs in the same color. They last for very long and when one sock gets worn out or has a hole in it, I usually keep the second sock from the pair and when a sock from another pair gets damaged I can use the second sock from that one with the first one to form a new pair.

I'm female, but I never wear stockings or tights. I can't wear sandals without socks either. I get blisters and sores on my feet and have a lot of skin issues and sensory issues if I wear sandals without socks. My husband (a.k.a. the fashion police) hates when I wear socks with sandals, but I don't care if it looks strange. Comfort is more important to me.

Tsukimi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 May 2011, 2:50 pm

I prefer stockings because they give the same sensation on all the leg, instead of sqeezingmy ankles. Otherwise, cotton socks are oaky too. But, even though I don't have extreme sensory issues, unlike the OP I cannot deal with wool at all.

Bluefins
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 2:52 pm

None, except in shoes.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 8:44 pm

Well, I CAN'T wear ankle socks, or anything really below a crew. Not only are they what I have been told is not proper for a male, but they would tend to roll down. Any knee ones would be more problematic. So I wear crew, like allie kat. Most are FAR too tight. My favorites are ones I bought at a drug store that are made for diabetics. They have a REAL lose knit that gives PERFECTLY. Alas, I didn't get a TON of them. 8-( I can't find them anymore.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 8:55 pm

I can't stand going sock-free so I largely wear trainer socks.
I used to hate this style of sock, but I suffer from Wittmaack–Ekbom syndrome and one of my symptoms is that I get ridiculously hot feet, so smaller socks keep my feet cooler and thus prevent me from hacksawing my feet off (seriously, it's that bad).

I buy socks with patterns sometimes.
Currently I have black with red hearts, red glittery, spotty with sparkly hearts...basically; red = good, sparkly = good, hearts = good.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 9:23 pm

I feel more comfortable wearing socks inside, but I prefer to go sock less and wear sandals when I'm outdoors.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 9:38 pm

socks socks
I keep them in my draw
socks socks
I think they are a bore

(This song is a lie because I;
a) keep all my clothes strewn on the floor and various surfaces
b) think socks are the be all and end all of incredibly fascinating entertainments)

bergie
Toucan
Toucan

07 May 2011, 11:27 pm

Any as long as the seams are on top, there is nothing underneath my toes, there are no holes in them, and the elastic is equal on both feet. They do come off within 30 seconds of me arriving home from work.

Trencher93
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2011, 11:47 am

Sandals ftw.

Is there also a thread on boxers/briefs? :)