Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 12:11 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
And Chairman Mao :)

:lol:

I know he's not WWII, but since we are diagnosing ruthless dictators, Kim Jung-Il?

flamingshorts
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2011, 12:13 am

One thing is known about Hitler and autism.
It was not the autistics that followed him.

SirLogiC
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2011, 12:25 am

Well Adolf Hitler had some certainties about him.

He most certainly felt a great deal for his country. Everything he did was to make his country a great empire (like he thought it should be). This may be from learning some history, yet ignoring the important bit- learn from the past :/

He definitely felt the Jews were responsible for the events that came to pass after WWI. This much is obvious. That and his off centre view of history.

He was smart. He knew politics. He is the very ideal of lawful evil. He knew public speaking was important to be in politics so he spent time practising. He promised (and actually delivered for a while) stability to a country with inflation so bad that the actual money paper was worth more than the denomination printed on it. His views again were probably a little off centre but he was a beacon of hope in a country in turmoil.

Now he was good at military strategy too. Though the early successes probably inflated the ego a bit too much.

In personal life though- wasn't he a bit odd? I am not going to say he did or didn't have AS but well here is the reasoning I guess. He was obsessed with his country and bringing it (back) to glory. He was ruthless, precise and efficient in doing it. He learnt what he needed to to get the job done. He was not terribly social in personal life.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 12:31 am

I don't have sound on my computer, and this is the first time I really watched his physical gestures; his verbal performance as I remember was very passionate, and indicative of no disorder except maybe mania.

Watching his gesturing though, it doesn't look confident or natural; instead contrived, and somewhat tortured, if that makes sense. Another thing I notice is he always seems to be looking well above the audience almost toward the ceiling. He seems more engaged with himself than the audience. Try watching it with no sound and see if you get a different impression.

As to whether or not he has Aspergers, the behaviors reflected and accepted in historical german culture are somewhat similar to the traits of Aspergers, except there is no evidence of a significantly higher percentage of the diagnosed condition there.

Without the question of Hitler as an individual with Aspergers, I think it would be possible for a person with Aspergers to be able to pull off a passionate speech like this. Temple Grandhin does a pretty good job with Autism; she is more passionate than most speakers I have observed.

And, I don't see where the gesturing that Hitler is making in this speech is more confident or natural that what I have seen of Temple Grandhin. Anxiety and/or anger often fuels passion. I see anger and anxiety in the gesturing that Hitler expresses in that speech.

Historical accounts show many of the Presidents in the United states have been plagued by mental disturbances. And it is evident among world leaders today. I think one could make an argument that Hitler had many different mental disorders.

One thing for sure is; he wasn't normal. If he was on the world stage today acting the way he did in that speech there would be plenty of armchair speculation.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 12:45 am

Trencher93 wrote:
Hitler practiced his rhetoric and speaking in front of a mirror, and filmed himself (see John Keegan's Mask of Command book for pictures). No one could fake what he did, I don't think.

He was also shown how to act and play to a crowd by a famous German stage magician who known for holding the audiences attention and controlling their reaction.

I have also seen photos of Hitler with friends and party officials and he is making very bad eye contact in the pictures. I'll try to find them and post them.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 12:48 am

Mussolini speech. Notice any similarities?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPUsXu6CND8&feature=related[/youtube]

Hitler gives a similar speech in German

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6ddf00iqDM&feature=related[/youtube]

Better version.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 2:07 am

I think Mussolini is more confident in his gesturing, or overconfident with the chin jutting and pursing of lips. Definitely an expressing his Alpha male prowess. Almost looks like the facial display a chimpanzee makes in establishing dominance over other chimpanzees.

Hitler on the other hand, is holding his left arm covering the more private areas of his body in a submissive stance, in opposition to his verbal presentation, but then he goes on to display agressive body language followed by an adjustment of his hair. It does look like he is more aware of the audience and perhaps uncomfortable without a podium.

The adjustment of the hair is unusual for a male world leader giving a speech like that; probably a sign of nervousness or self concsciousness over proper appearance.

I think I do remember John Edwards doing it, I remember Anne Coulter questioning his manhood, over it too.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 2:22 am

aghogday wrote:
I think Mussolini is more confident in his gesturing, or overconfident with the chin jutting and pursing of lips. Definitely an expressing his Alpha male prowess. Almost looks like the facial display a chimpanzee makes in establishing dominance over other chimpanzees.

Hitler on the other hand, is holding his left arm covering the more private areas of his body in a submissive stance, in opposition to his verbal presentation, but then he goes on to display agressive body language followed by an adjustment of his hair. It does look like he is more aware of the audience and perhaps uncomfortable without a podium.

The adjustment of the hair is unusual for a male world leader giving a speech like that; probably a sign of nervousness or self concsciousness over proper appearance.

I think I do remember John Edwards doing it, I remember Anne Coulter questioning his manhood, over it too.

I watched another video of him, a video recording of a speech he gave in English in 1921 and he was totally different. No doubt he hadn't seen Hitler give one, yet. So, maybe he was Hitler's protege in this regard?
He's not nearly as animated.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTXhez2mNmM[/youtube]

Here's the speech Mussolini gives in Berlin, spoken in German, in 1937. He acted just like Hitler.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciQ6MGU4GV8[/youtube]

It is also rumored that Hitler had medical problems preventing him from producing any offspring which might be why he never married.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 2:53 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
aghogday wrote:

I watched another video of him, a video recording of a speech he gave in English in 1921 and he was totally different. No doubt he hadn't seen Hitler give one, yet. So, maybe he was Hitler's protege in this regard?
He's not nearly as animated.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTXhez2mNmM[/youtube]

Here's the speech Mussolini gives in Berlin, spoken in German, in 1937. He acted just like Hitler.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciQ6MGU4GV8[/youtube]

It is also rumored that Hitler had medical problems preventing him from producing any offspring which might be why he never married.

I saw some similarities too, but wasn't sure who saw who first and who might have copied whom first. To me Mussolini still looks a little more comfortable in hsi own skin, but he is quite a bit more subdued.

I've also heard some remarks about Hitler and his ability to have children, some pretty disparaging.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 May 2011, 5:15 am

aghogday wrote:
Exactly what I thought too. I remember seeing something about the 'eye flash' effect which some monkeys use, where when the eyebrows are raised a slightly lighter skin colour is displayed. IIRC this was used in establishing dominance too.
Quite disturbingly exaggerated and non-human throughout.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 5:37 am

swbluto wrote:
Phonic wrote:
oh gawd, these threads should be against the rules.

Why? Hitler's aspergers status is in serious question and who better to ask than an autism forum?

LOL! hey Bluto this has nothing to do with my jibe on the another thread?

As we both know very well the German's are fairly sure the Fuhrer was an Aspergers.
http://www.lakartidningen.se/store/arti ... 1_1204.pdf

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 May 2011, 5:52 am

swbluto wrote:
Why? Hitler's aspergers status is in serious question and who better to ask than an autism forum?
Marginally more useful to consult a medium with a psychology degree. :wink:

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 7:51 am

flamingshorts wrote:
One thing is known about Hitler and autism.
It was not the autistics that followed him.

Wow, you actually know the mental status of everyone in Nazi Germany who followed Hitler? Fascinating.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 8:37 am

Quote:

Hitler married Eva Braun

antonblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2011, 10:14 am

hi folks,

if your read more about "Narcissistic Personality Disorder" then you will find it reasonable that hitler and mussoline (gaddafi, and probably also osama bin laden) had it too. And there might be some superficial similarities between autism and NPD, but actually they are quite contrary. E.g., autistic people are usually very bad in manipulating people, even more bad then the usualy "normal" people, while NPD people are perfect in that.

I think its clear that Hitler didn't have Autism, and i also think that this rumor is just so well known because AS is a trendy daignosis and hilter is famous itself too. Thus, some wannabe-researcher wanted to become more well-known and thus mixed both together. Thats creative writing, but no scientific approach in my opinion, but this is also how the science community works.

This is of course bad news for us, the autistic people, because as a consequence, if hitler is related with autism, people will continue to think of autistic people as anti-social people, and this prejudice will stay longer.

We should try to fight against this. We should just stick together and write a paper which shows that the claims are not true. Unfortunately this paper is written not in english :-(, but I think it would be right to fight against this nonsense research and not to just sit there and do nothing against this assXXXXX, who do character assasination to us.

thanks,
anton

Locustman
Toucan
Toucan

09 May 2011, 10:46 am

I agree.

I would add that his body language and gestures look more like those of a chronic amphetamine addict than an aspie to me.