The new AS Test (Among the best I've seen)

Page 2 of 12 [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2011, 12:34 pm

had to chuckle at this one : Do days of the week, months of the year, or numbers seem to have their own personalities?

but my score is : 67 out of 72 --'quite likely' I'm on the spectrum :wink:

Last edited by fleurdelily on 15 May 2011, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abyssquick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2011, 12:35 pm

swbluto wrote:
I thought you might be interested in this Facebook AS Test at http://apps.facebook.com/specastest .

It's obviously not diagnostic, but I think it's a better test than others I've seen (I suspect it's more predictive than the AQ test) and gives an understanding of what sorts of things people on the spectrum struggle with. I say that it's probably the best I've seen, so far, because it's the only one that's said I'm probably NT which seems far more reasonable than the other popular autism tests, like the AQ test and RDOS's ASPIE test which suggested "I'm probably aspie" and "You're half aspie / half neurotypical", respectively, and it seemed to correctly predict other aspies and their probable "level of severity" pretty accurately.

Let me know what you think.

btw, I scored 29 out of 72 with the result that I am not likely on the autistic spectrum. It also gives a more detailed analysis of my results here - http://apps.facebook.com/specastest/Sho ... 1305432184

I scored 72 out of 72

Supernova008
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 May 2011, 12:39 pm

66/72. How accurate is this test?

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2011, 12:53 pm

I always get a little frustrated with any of these tests, when they ask questions that are similar to this one : do others find you boring?...... and I'm all.... "UH, now, *if* I have aspergers, then freaking HOW WOULD I KNOW if "others" find me boring???????????? you would have to be asking them, now wouldn't you? and that would be hard to do, as there are very very few "others" with whom I socialize even slightly. The husband finds me boring, but then again, we've been married 16 years, so he's heard it all once or twice by now

abyssquick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2011, 12:55 pm

fleurdelily wrote:
I always get a little frustrated with any of these tests, when they ask questions that are similar to this one : do others find you boring?...... and I'm all.... "UH, now, *if* I have aspergers, then freaking HOW WOULD I KNOW if "others" find me boring???????????? you would have to be asking them, now wouldn't you? and that would be hard to do, as there are very very few "others" with whom I socialize even slightly. The husband finds me boring, but then again, we've been married 16 years, so he's heard it all once or twice by now

I have been informed through the grapevine many times of my boring-ness and pedantic over-focusing in conversation.

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2011, 12:56 pm

I am completely a-social. Standing in line at the post office does not count as interaction, right?

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 12:56 pm

AS Test Score: 45 / 72

A: R

RYYGGRG

B: G

GGGYY

C: G

GGYGRG

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

15 May 2011, 12:59 pm

fleurdelily wrote:

If you didn't have problems determining if someone is getting bored, you should have no problem knowing that you don't have problems with it. However, if you do have problems with determining if someone's getting bored, then you either don't know or you know that you do. So, if you don't know, you must have problems. :wink:

Another way to qualify the answer to this question is by answering the following question, "Do other people find you boring?". If you answered 'yes', then you have no problem detecting boredom. Personally, I'm of that group. :lol:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 1:03 pm

Probably why I scored borderline on it then. I have no idea how that test figures out if you have difficulty or not. Asking if people get bored from you for one, how would the test know you have that difficulty if you answer yes or no? You can answer yes because you have been told so or answer no because you have never been told so or because you never see anyone bored so therefore you can't tell.

Kon
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 1:07 pm

AS Test Score: 67/72. Tests are good for pointing out tendencies but I'd guess many introverts would score very high on this test?

Tsukimi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2011, 1:10 pm

proxybear wrote:
I don't have a Facebook profile; therefore I score 72/72.

I use FB to meet new people online. IRL ones are not welcome there.

ReBabar

15 May 2011, 1:10 pm

72/72

Quote:
This score means that it is quite likely that you are on the autistic spectrum

Quote:
Below is a list of the criteria used to create this test. Entries in green are criteria that are likely to apply to you, entries in yellow are criteria that may or may not apply to you, and entries in red are criteria that are unlikely to apply to you.

(All in green :lol: )
Quote:
A: Possesses a decreased tendency to socially osmose behaviors and beliefs, as manifested by 5 of the following:

i) Difficulties with non-autistic social interaction (such as missing social cues, difficulties with small talk, difficulties learning what constitutes culturally acceptable behavior, etc).

ii) Marked differences in the use of non-verbal behaviors (such as using more or less eye contact that the norm, significant amount of blinking during eye contact, unusual facial expressions, decreased or increased use of hand gestures, unusual body posture, etc).

iii) Difficulties in recognition of non-verbal communication (such as difficulties in recognising subtleties of facial expressions, difficulties picking up emotional cues that are recognisable to others, etc).

iv) A tendency to develop interests independent of social influences, or a tendency to not adopt interests that are shared by an immediate social group.

v) A tendency to develop a significant number of ethical rules, belief systems, or rules of etiquette that can not be traced back to cultural or social influence.

vi) A tendency toward literal interpretation of verbal communication and of the behavior of others.

vii) A need for explicit instruction in matters (such as social interaction) that others typically learn implicitly (by using an instinctual knowledge base to watch and figure out what should be done).

B: Is affected by "Autistic Inertia", as manifested by 3 of the following:

i) Persistent difficulty in commencing new projects or tasks, changing activities or activity levels, or moving to the next step of an existing project or task.

ii) A tendency to focus on a particular task to the exclusion of all else.

iii) A tendency to develop "special interests" - interests that involve a larger amount of time or a greater intensity of focus than the norm.

iv) A tendency to adopt repetitive motor movements (such as hand flapping, leg bouncing, or complex body motions).

v) A tendency to develop specific non-cultural rituals, habits, or routines, and to adhere to these rituals, habits, or routines with a greater intensity than the norm.

C: Has sensory processing differences, as manifested by 2 of the following:

i) Difficulties functioning within or coping with high sensory environments (such as around fluorescent or flashing lights, around certain types of background noise, or around other types of sensory stimuli that would not bother most people significantly).

ii) Hypersensitivity or hyposensitivity to particular sensory stimuli (such as acute hearing, a particularly high or low tolerance for pain, an abnormal ability to notice small visual details, difficulties in noticing sensory stimuli that are immediately apparent to others, etc).

iii) Has an unusual degree of interest in, or obtains an unusual amount of pleasure from particular sounds, colours, patterns, or textures (where the interest or pleasure is derived purely from sensory stimuli, rather than from association to something else).

iv) Has a tendency to focus on particular parts of objects, rather than the object as a whole.

v) Possesses some form of synesthesia - the tendency to experience one form of sensory or conceptual experience as an entirely separate form of sensory or conceptual experience (such as experiencing visual or scent stimuli when particular sounds occur; strongly associating specific colours, sounds, or personalities to numbers or words; etc).

vi) Difficulties identifying people by their facial features.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

15 May 2011, 1:14 pm

Kon wrote:
AS Test Score: 67/72. Tests are good for pointing out tendencies but I'd guess many introverts would score very high on this test?

Among my peers at college in computer science (Which itself is a home to introverts), I'm extremely introverted compared to them and my score on this test was 29. However, my high scores were basically in the "Possesses a decreased tendency to socially osmose behaviors and beliefs" category instead of the 'Is affected by "Autistic Inertia"' and "Has sensory processing differences" categories, which would be expected of neurotypical introverts.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 1:16 pm

70/72, because I am not a synesthete. That was the only part that was red.

wonderboy

15 May 2011, 1:18 pm

65/72

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 1:18 pm

swbluto wrote:
fleurdelily wrote:

If you didn't have problems determining if someone is getting bored, you should have no problem knowing that you don't have problems with it. However, if you do have problems with determining if someone's getting bored, then you either don't know or you know that you do. So, if you don't know, you must have problems. :wink:

Another way to qualify the answer to this question is by answering the following question, "Do other people find you boring?". If you answered 'yes', then you have no problem detecting boredom. Personally, I'm of that group. :lol:

I know because people have told me. :(