What was the most meanest thing to ever happen to you????

Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 8:18 pm

I guess for me it's nothing too big. Just the frequent mentions from my mom that I'm a failure, useless and abnormal. They don't know what they did wrong to deserve weirdo kids like my brother and me. Everybody else' children are just so much better. Stuff like that. Then I'd shut her up by saying "Ya their kids are so much better because other people raised them, not you." Then she'd start shouting furiously about everything I've ever done that's wrong and I hung up the phone. This kept going on and on for many years.

The bad news is my own family abuse me. The good news is hey everybody else in the world seems so much nicer. In fact I think I got angry just once with people who are not my family in my entire adult life. After being toughened up by my parents I can handle a lot of injustice before losing my temper.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 9:44 pm

Being considered one of "The Usual Suspects" whenever a theft or vandalism occurred at school, simply because I acted "nervous and jerky" whenever the teachers, administrators, and police asked me what I knew about the crimes.

On the bright side, this is how I learned first hand that suspicion is not evidence, and that lack of evidence is sufficient cause for reasonable doubt.

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 9:59 pm

The way I was treated in High School!

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 10:05 pm

Being interrogated by idiots at school.

Just because I'm the quiet kid doesn't mean I'm going to bring a gun to school and shoot everyone. :roll:

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 12:54 am

When I started third grade, I skimmed through my textbooks and was overjoyed to discover that as soon as we finished the chapter about planets, we would be learning about animals. I litteraly counted down the weeks until we would finish the first chapter only to find out we were going to skip it. To this day, I still think she did that on purpose to hurt me. A lot of the meanest things that were done to be were done by her.

Eternity29
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Aug 2011, 1:06 am

I hated high school and was pretty depressed as a teenager. My depression kept getting worse, and I wasn't sure how to get help. I finally ended up telling my parents how I was thinking about killing myself. They reacted with anger and basically told me to go ahead, and I'd go to hell for it.

Being the stupid teenager that I was, I attempted. I ended up in the hospital for an overdose, and my parents were pissed! They berated me for it, and were determined to see me punished for it. It made me feel worse than before. I felt so horrible and unloved. A psychiatrist visited with me, and talked to my parents too. After talking with them, he told me that he was appalled by my mother's behavior.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 1:10 am

I can't think of anything that was the meanest. It's too hard to decide.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 1:16 am

I'm going to have to go with a boy physically attacking me for 2 years.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 1:52 am

I had to have my special Timon and Pumbaa plushies written into my IEP because I could not function without them. My evil school bus driver tried to make me give them up forever and even stopped the school bus for over an hour in his vain attempt. He tried one last time to make me surrender when he stopped the bus in front of my house. As an adult, I would have told him to procreate with himself and possibly kicked him in the boys but I just screamed "NO!" at him. He got in HUGE trouble for that stunt when my mom called the school and told them what happened and how traumatized I was. It was like I was in fear for my children's lives. My parents were always worried I would be carrying them around with me until I was fifteen and personally I don't see what's so wrong with that because I've never really outgrown the need for a transitional object...or creature. But anyway, that stunt of my stupid school bus driver stopped me from taking them everywhere with me. As I said, I couldn't really cope without them. My behavior problems at school got worse but no one was really able to see the connection. Everyone hated that driver and was trying for years to get him fired but he did seem to have a penchant for picking on the kids that had problems and couldn't really defend themselves. I was paranoid he was going to break into our house and steal my plushies. I wonder if I also thought he would try and break into my mind because I somehow was able to convince myself that I had "outgrown" my plushies and Lion King. I think I had even convinced myself that it was "bad" to still like them.

piroflip
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2011, 3:45 am

The teachers at school were utter b********s.

They admired the strong kids (bullies) and despised the weak (shy, AS) ones.

It will be no surprise to most here that the games teachers were the worst offenders.

Siaqey
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2011, 5:40 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Having my father around. One thing lead to another, and the result is one of the worst childhoods in existance.

Same here .It is not his fault it is just that I don't get on with him.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 6:17 am

Siaqey wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Having my father around. One thing lead to another, and the result is one of the worst childhoods in existance.

Same here .It is not his fault it is just that I don't get on with him.

My father's constant taunting and critizing my every move made me start pulling my hair out.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 6:35 am

Worst thing that's happened to me? Being sectioned by the police and being forced into a secure psychaitric unit against my will. This has happened four times and I still get flashbacks.

danum
Raven
Raven

04 Aug 2011, 10:18 am

Just being constantly excluded, denigrated, dismissed, ignored, bullied and abused all my life.

ArtisticOne
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Aug 2011, 10:35 am

The typical being bullied all throughout school (not college so much, thank goodness), but the most recent thing I recall was trying to do something nice for someone only for the person to think I was making fun of them and for that same person to keep harping on it. I find it mean because I tried to do something nice and it blew up in my face. :cry:

Yumeji
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2011, 11:37 am

I'd say when my eldest sibling was in full control of our family while I was in grades 11/12. She installed a keylogger program on my PC, went through my room while I was in class (i.e., stealing my clothes, jewellery, diary), accusing me of things I didn't do, convinced my parents I did drugs/sex/alcohol, forced my parents to make me see a therapist for Bipolar disorder and Schizophrenia (which actually backfired because the therapist concluded that I seemed normal and my sister had too much power over the family), told her friends I was planning to hurt/kill her, etc. The funny thing is, none of it was true. At most I was a quiet honor roll student with an eating disorder. I even loaned $5,000, as per my mother's request, to help pay for her post-secondary tuition fees after she moved out. In addition, I loaned her $500 when her account bounced paying the rent. Just a couple years ago she went through a nasty break up from a 5-year relationship and I still visited her after 5-years of not talking. Unfortunately, shortly after, she began to make rude and threatening remarks about me on her Facebook wall where her friends and our mother joined in. Thus I've been estranged with my family since 2009.