Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tamsin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Apr 2012, 5:09 pm

I could not read an analogue clock until about high school because I could never remember which hand was which. Now I can read them, it just takes me a few seconds longer.

As to your second question, time is very fluid for me. It literally seems like one moment I have 10 minutes before I have to leave, and the next moment I should have left 5 minutes ago. I'm constantly late for things.

DenvrDave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 10:59 pm

Thanks everyone, for your thoughtful replies. For those who find it challenging to keep track of time, do you use any strategies to help with daily organization? Any suggestions? This is in regard to my son who, for example, struggles with keeping track of time during school tests...tends to spend too much time on one problem, doesn't finish, etc.

dizzywater
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2012, 4:22 pm

Hmmm, not sure what you should advise your son.

Time certainly passes quickly when engrossed in a puzzle and it can be hard to put that puzzle down for any reason.

Certainly tell him to check the clock during exams and move onto another question if one takes too long, but he may not realise he's doing it and not look up. I do that.

In school I did get better at time management as I got older. I did exams quickly as possible, then went back over them to the questions I'd missed.

Its easier to not start something than to leave it unfinished.
So maybe if you tell your son to leave out questions which look like they will take too long then he can get the rest of the paper done and come back to start those questions if he has time at the end.

For myself I use my phone alarm to tell me when my next thing to do is. I set it for 5 minutes before I have to pick up my son from school for example, then I am less likely to be late. If I set it for 15 minutes before, then that is too much time, I start doing something else and I'm still late.

No good for exams though.

DenvrDave
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 5:52 pm

dizzywater wrote:
I did exams quickly as possible, then went back over them to the questions I'd missed.

Thanks dizzywater, your input/insight is very important and helpful. I like this ^. We may try it :)

slave
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 6:10 pm

DenvrDave wrote:
Question for people on the spectrum: Do you find it difficult to read a clock with hands and, if so, can you describe why? Related question: Do you find it difficult keeping track of time? Thanks all. :)

No