Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

31 May 2012, 9:07 am

Our house had gotten away from me over the past couple months, and it took me a steady week to make it all orderly again, and I did it. It was a terrible mess because I had moved furniture into various rooms because I had to create a second guest room out of what had been a "junk room" (the place we would stick things that didn't belong anywhere). And I didn't want to "stick" those things anyplace else where there would be a new junk area, so I painstakingly created places for most of it to belong, and the rest of it is either in the dumpster, or sitting in my truck to be dropped off at the Salvation Army donation dock.

It's SO MUCH easier to just keep it up, than to let it go and then try to catch up. I've done it both ways. I go crazy if there are things lying around, and I can't concentrate on anything if there's something not put away, or dirty. I'm not trying to sound all great or anything, and I don't always succeed at keeping things neat. But when I don't, my mood is irritable, and my productivity suffers.

As far as the A/C not working, just hang in there, and ask to get it fixed as soon as you're comfortable with having the landlord in. By the way, I'm a landlord, and I don't hassle tenants about messes unless they're putting themselves, or the other tenants in danger of a fire, or rats & mice/roaches, etc. Messy is not an issue for me as a landlord, and believe me, I've seen it all!

Charles