Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Quinntilda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jul 2012, 4:42 pm

I used to love to do it. I always went for the swings in resess my friends an I who went on them even mastered them. It is like a hobby there were so many possibilities. About 9 years later my cousin and I took her 2 yearold to the park and I went on the swing when someone asked me I said I was teaching him to use it. Even though I kind of lied he got on without needing to be pushed.

Nymeria8
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 4:44 pm

Lenny_amon wrote:
Swinging is rather amazing, too bad it's kind of emberrasing to be on the swings as a seventeen year old :(

Try being on the swings as a 36 yo.

I love swinging. Good thread!

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 6:39 pm

I love swinging as well. There is a swing set in the park nearest to my house, so I go there and swing occasionally. I like going very high on the swings, then jumping off at the top.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 7:48 pm

I love swinging - it was one of my favorite things to do as a child. Unfortunately, I can't swing anymore because my motion sickness has gotten worse over the years and swinging makes me nauseous. :( It really sucks because there is a park that's literally right outside my backyard that has perfect swings in it.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

03 Jul 2012, 9:08 pm

Yeah, going to the park and swinging is hella calming. Especially if you're the only person there.

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 11:04 pm

Well i never grow up so yeah. I just can't get my self to do it if anyone sees it I feel even more stupid out of place than normal. But yeah swings re fun.

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jul 2012, 11:30 pm

my 80 year old grandma still made my {very likely aspie} biological father take her to the park to swing on the swings. And no, she was mentally sharp as a tack. I can see the traits in her now, so clearly. Now that I know what to look for, that is. One thing that always stood out to me, was her love of the swings..... and other things, of course. :)

BunnyMum
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jul 2012, 11:34 pm

I love swinging. When I was a small child my parents knew not to stop at a park with a swing in it unless they had lots of time to spare! Once I was swinging I didn't want to stop and if they tried to get me off the swing before I was ready I would scream and cry and make a right scene (looking back now I was probably having a meltdown, but I only got diagnosed this year in my late 30s). That backwards and forwards motion of swinging is so soothing.

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jul 2012, 11:45 pm

BunnyMum wrote:
That backwards and forwards motion of swinging is so soothing.

and that "heavy" feeling, of your own weight pushing down on you. Ever notice that? as you are going up, it's pushing your weight on you, like the weighted blankets do.... :wink:

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 1:24 am

Swinging agrees with me. I used to live next to a school playground & I'd go to the swingset late at night with my ipod, playing elevator renditions of Beatle hits, what bliss.

EQ: 6.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 3:22 am

I'm a swinger too baby, yeah!

(Sorry, my inner Austin Powers made me do it!)

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 2:06 pm

Can swings actually take the weight of us grownups? ive always been afraid to brake the darn things.

Im about 87kg, thats a bit more than what they are build for i would imagine ?

Casstranquility
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jul 2012, 2:27 pm

I've always loved swinging. As an adult I would go over to the nearby elementary school and swing whenever I needed to get away, sometimes just to relax. It'd help me put my thoughts together, and I could feel like I was flying. I had moments where I felt outside of the human world and I am especially fond of that feeling. I would swing at night, in the early morning, during the day, it didn't matter to me as long as there were no other people. That destroys the magic of swinging for me, now that I find it hard to block other people out. One time I was enjoying myself swinging and I heard people coming toward the swingset, I stopped the swing suddenly, got up, and walked away. I'm not swinging to have a social encounter!

Sadly, those swingsets were dismantled and I believe all they have over there at this point are child size swings. I ended up moving from that town within a year after they got rid of my magic place. I have no swing to swing on now. :( I seriously miss swinging.

Let us comfort each other, and move tenderly when we are able. Let us hold hands and walk bravely, or fearfully together; for as long as there is Love, there is Hope, that everything will be okay, including the things we say are not.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 3:01 pm

fleurdelily wrote:
BunnyMum wrote:
That backwards and forwards motion of swinging is so soothing.

and that "heavy" feeling, of your own weight pushing down on you. Ever notice that? as you are going up, it's pushing your weight on you, like the weighted blankets do.... :wink:

Yes. Although I have a rocking chair, and I love to rock, it's not quite the same if you know what I mean.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

The_Final_Boss
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jul 2012, 3:04 pm

Here's another vote for swinging!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

04 Jul 2012, 6:40 pm

I liked swinging during recess as a kid & it was the only playground equipment I ever liked. When I was in elementary school the boys & girls had PE together & sometimes our teacher would tell the girls they could swing or something instead of doing what the guys were & I always asked him if I could swing too & he usually said no but he occasionally said Yes & then I got teased by my classmates for being a Girl since only the girls were the 1s swinging.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition