Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jul 2012, 9:52 am

I was full term, just a day earlier than my due date. I was 6 lbs 14 oz and 19 inches, just about the average size of a newborn. My only complications during labor and birth were that the doctors had to flip me upside down in the womb because I was rightside up, and I had the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck 3 times causing my oxygen supply to be cut and my face to discolor. I was born with naturally wide feet and deformed toes that curl in. They're still curled in (although not as bad) to this day. If the doctors weren't right about my toes straightening out in the future, I would never be able to walk and I would have had to have surgery to correct my feet and toes. Because of my deformity, I can control just my little toe. :lol: I've also had a really bad case of acid reflex and mild asthma, but my asthma has gotten worse over the years

fefe333
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jul 2012, 10:29 am

I was born a few weeks early, I was very small (4 pounds) and I had to stay in the hospital for a week longer then expected but my mom won't tell me why.

aspie quiz results: 172/200
I am suspected to have aspergers, but I'm not diagnosed.

Rebel_Nowe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 11:11 am

I don't remember how long exactly, but I was significantly late. I was several weeks overdue before my mother gave up and had me cut out. As far as I know, however, it was smooth.

The interesting story about my birth is how it related to that of my cousin. He was born highly premature and had to be oxygen tented, NICU, etc. This caused him to be born approximately 4 hours after I was cut out of my mother in the middle of the night. He was also born approximately a 4 hour drive from me. My grandparents made the midnight drive from the hospital in pensacola to the hospital in new orleans to be there for grandchildren 2 and 3.

AngelofDreams
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2012, 11:44 am

I was born about 2 weeks post-maturely, though it could simply be that my birth date was miscalculated.

I was born small compared to my older siblings when they were born. I can't remember my measures, but I must had been of avarage to lower weight and length.
I was also born with an impaired hearing, so I grew up with hearing aid ever since I was 2 or 3 years old.

I also learned that after my birth, my mother suffered health complications because a part of the placenta was stuck inside her womb, which made her severely ill for days. My parents had to hire a babysitter while she recovered.

[Edit] Fixed some of the commas.

Last edited by AngelofDreams on 10 Jul 2012, 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 11:45 am

slightly premature (like 2 or 3 weeks before due date) but induced labor because amniotic fluid was slowly leaking out gradually or something like that dont know all the details born with slight "innocent heart murmur" that went away as i got older. also born to mom with gestational diabetes

EB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2012, 6:16 pm

I was born 3 months early. 13 inches long and weighed 1 pound and 12 1/2 ounces. I have mild Cerebral Palsy and mild asthma(or so I assume since I've never had an asthma attack). I was in the hospital a lot for my first year and delayed overall for all my milestones. Couldn't sit unaided on my first birthday, walked at 19 mos? when I finally got taken off the nebulizer(medicine vapor taken through the nose via a tube attached to a noisy box) for the first time and did have to use it 24/7 anymore(I continued to use it with a face mask a few times each day possibly into school age, my memory's fuzzy on the details of when I stopped using it and switched to inhalers). No idea when I started talking. I've always had issues with balance, motor skills and real world problem solving(verses solving problems as part of a lesson at school. Can't really think of an example and I may be wording this bit wrong).

I think CP is more to blame for the balance and motor stuff than ASD, but I can't really tell which stuff is from which thing exactly. I also don't know how much of my developmental delay is from ASD vs just being born very early. Having such a mixed up set of stuff wrong is the only thing that seemed to have gotten me services since my ASD isn't considered severe enough based on the rules of the program I'm in.

As a little kid I had a high shrill voice(I hated watching myself on old home videos for the longest time partly because of that). As an adult I have a low voice and I often am told to talk louder by everyone.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 7:48 pm

I was born about 6 weeks early (weighed about 4 pounds) and had to stay in the hospital for a couple weeks, I believe.

ADoyle90815
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2012, 8:41 pm

I was born only a couple of days short of the actual due date, so I was still considered full term. There were issues because my mom is petite, and the doctor used forceps to get me out because he was impatient as the labor was very long. I didn't cry right away, at least not until they did the routine blood tests that were done then. I had epilepsy as an infant, but for some reason, I managed to outgrow it by the time I was 5, so other than the Asperger's which didn't get diagnosed until I was an adult, I had a pretty typical life. I was able to get a driver's license with the only restriction being that I need glasses or contact lenses while driving. Most of my family members have that on their licenses, so it's something that runs in the family.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 9:16 pm

I was born a few weeks late but it supposedly was a difficult birth and I was sent to Intensive Care immediately.

ComposerGal1928
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jul 2012, 9:40 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Nope, I was born 5 days late, after the suspected date I was supposed to be due on.

Same here. One of the guys on the tech team at my church joked that I was born early because I always arrived about an hour before rehearsal. The reality was that isn't true. :roll: