NT needing assistance and very confused

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Elliedog
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Oct 2012, 6:44 am

Thank you all so much for replying to my post, I truly appreciate it. It's been a difficult journey. Since I brought up the possibily of AS to him there has been much reflection going on. He has been rediscovering parts of his life that maybe now he can attribute to AS. I think that part is a relief. I can imagine that putting all these pieces together has not been easy. I believe that there might be some depression going on now as well. I was diagnosed with a heart condition two years ago and it did not take long for me to fall into a depression so I think that is happening to him as well. I'm trying very hard to give him his space but I must say that it isn't easy. Being alone all the time makes me feel like a non entity. If I wanted to go out and find a life by myself I would have never gotten into a relationship. But I am hopeful that in time things will change. I am a very supportive partner and I hope that he & I will be able to weather the storm. Again, thanks to everyone for sharing it's very helpful to me :)

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 10:47 am

Yes finding out about the diagnosis can be depressing. Better not to focus on the science of it, but more on the practical part and the positives. Good luck.