Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 10:32 pm

You've missed the point, Ver, which is that when other people (Aspies and Enties alike) find out that you are a part of an identifiable group, they automatically assume that you embody their idea of the worst qualities of that group, whether or not you fit those ideas.

So, whatever "Bogie-Men" they fear most, they end up believing that you are one of them.

Think about it: When someone comes out as gay, don't you ever get the impression that at least some of their friends and relatives will try to keep their children away? Ask those parents sometime if they equate being gay with being a pedophile, as well.

That stuff about AD&D? It happened to me, exactly as I described. This is why my ex-wife divorced me, why my former employer dismissed me, and why I spent 18 months as a homeless person -- because they and my relatives believed all of those "Chik Tract" lies (and more) about me and therefore wanted nothing to do with me.

I just liked to play the game ... a stupid little game that just happens to be a lot of fun ... and to this day, my relatives are reluctant to even speak with me, even from 2000 miles away, and even though I did nothing wrong.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.