What`s the best lifestyle you can imagine.

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

idratherbeatree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2012, 12:45 am

Able Bodied, Lighthouse Keeper with a loyal pet fox.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 1:18 am

I want to have a small herd of dogs, cats and horses someplace out of the middle of nowhere, with the only neighbors in walking distance being my friend, Chris, and her family. I might have interactions with horseback riding teachers, and perhaps eventually, students, and I may even have interactions with a music teacher of some sort, but other than Chris and fam, that would ideally be the only interactions I have.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 1:30 am

idratherbeatree wrote:

you'd want the special russian breed of tame fox, they were experimentally bred for docility, they are like a housepet dog.

Unseen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Dec 2012, 3:35 am

I've been a gamer since forever... so I'd love to be a game designer.

I have a thousand and one ideas, but lack the programming skill to actually implement them.

Jabberwokky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Dec 2012, 5:56 am

First thing I thought of when I saw this the movie called "Ring of Bright Water" bout a Londoner and hs pet ottr that went to live in the Hebrides.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 6:20 am

^^^
now THAT would be the life. :wtg:

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 6:55 am

Jabberwokky wrote:
First thing I thought of when I saw this the movie called "Ring of Bright Water" bout a Londoner and hs pet ottr that went to live in the Hebrides.

I saw that movie. It was quite enjoyable.

I laughed pretty good when he tried to keep the otter in his London apartment.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 6:56 am

thewhitrbbit wrote:
I would love to live on the frontier, with a ranch, near a small community of people who are friendly and help each other out.

I live in that small community of people you talk about. Something like 70 people in about 50 square miles.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 7:17 am

tchek wrote:
I'd like to live autonomous and free from social pressure. I like to observe things and people. The lifestyle of a mystery novel writer would suit me.

High mobility, being able to travel but has an observer, not an actor... without being bothered by other people.

I hate being a scrounger and prefer to contribute and help others. I want to be absolutely free, while being self sufficient.

Here are the daily routines of famous writers, it inspires me: http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/ ... s-writers/

I like the way you think. Nothing beats mobility and freedom.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 3:18 pm

Being independent, comfortable, financially secure and self-sufficient.
Me. A cat. An apartment. That's it.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term therapists - that I am an anxious and highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder.

My diagnoses - social anxiety disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 8:10 pm

Perfect would probably just be to be normal, and it would be nice to have both parents alive as well, infact i would take that above being normal anyday

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

18 Dec 2012, 9:32 pm

I had to think about this:

My perfect life would be that I could live alone, but have enough assistance so that living alone wouldn't become an unmitigated disaster. I would like a job as well, preferably one that involves writing and creativity.

I would appreciate friends who share at least some of my hobbies. Some of my hobbies are a group thing (roleplaying games, for example) and it is a bit awkward to manage those solo off a computer.

I am not actually concerned about wealth as long as I can have my needs met.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 10:00 pm

My ideal lifestyle would be to retire to a house on a lake where I could fish and reasonably near a first rate university where I could attend a variety of lectures that are open to the public and also go to their baseball and softball games in the spring.

idratherbeatree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2012, 10:09 pm

auntblabby wrote:
idratherbeatree wrote:

you'd want the special russian breed of tame fox, they were experimentally bred for docility, they are like a housepet dog.

I've actually had a few email conversations with the head of the department of the Russian Institute of Cytology and Genetics in Novabrisk.

Unfortunate that they won't allow a fertile group of them outside of the lab. Allowing breeders in the USA would allow a level of accessibility that isn't currently available. And depending on business arrangements, it may pull in the money they need to keep the project running.

r84shi37
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Dec 2012, 10:51 pm

Living in Northern Alaska alone in a cabin with solar panels for power. I would also somehow bring the internet to the cabin with a huge chunk of bandwidth. I would have dogs and cats outside, and would make a living doing work from my computer (perhaps programming, networking, something like that). I would be nocturnal, sleeping during the day and being active at night. I would have a ham radio with VHF capabilities.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 12:36 am

Being some type of artist, writer, designer or scholar, living with my husband in a house with a tower, curved walls, and round windows, by a lake with plenty of land, a high fence, and a beautiful garden. Having just few good friends I see once in a blue moon and some sort of person I could trust to interact with the marketplace for me. Never having to leave my property unless I chose. Swimming every day, reading and occasionally traveling (alone or with one person I like). Knowing I was doing work that meant something to people, but not actually having to interact directly. Having total privacy whenever I liked.