Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 12:19 am

undercaffeinated wrote:
btbnnyr wrote:
I used to drink two cups of coffee a day, but now I only drink one, and I don't finish before it gets cold.

I used to drink two pots of coffee a day, but now I only drink one. Maybe one and a half.

I used to drink 1 cup of coffee a day, but now I drink two, but I make the coffee weak. I just want to make the experience last longer.

undercaffeinated
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jan 2013, 12:37 am

Marybird wrote:
undercaffeinated wrote:
btbnnyr wrote:
I used to drink two cups of coffee a day, but now I only drink one, and I don't finish before it gets cold.

I used to drink two pots of coffee a day, but now I only drink one. Maybe one and a half.

I used to drink 1 cup of coffee a day, but now I drink two, but I make the coffee weak. I just want to make the experience last longer.

For a while I was trying to cut down the amount of caffeine I consumed late in the day, so I used to keep one can of regular and one can of decaf on hand. I'd just mix the two in different proportions depending on the time of day -- usually regular in the morning, half and half for afternoon, and decaf in the evening... sometimes other ratios depending on how I was feeling.

knifegill
Raven
Raven

23 Jan 2013, 2:43 am

Well, I used to drink two pots - because three just seemed like too much! Then I managed to dial it back to a daily half-pot. But it's messing with my intraocular pressure, so I've got to quit. Green tea doesn't seem to do the same thing...

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 3:26 am

Hardly drink it, also no alcohol.
Don't like the feeling.
Sometimes I drink a cup.

Nibs91
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Jan 2013, 9:35 am

Mmm....sipping on my morning coffee as we speak :)

lostmyself
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jan 2013, 10:05 am

I started drinking coffee when I had to wake myself up in the morning and I loved it. But if I overdid it I felt horrible if I underdid it however it didnt bother me too much except I craved for it. I stopped drinking a few months ago because of some personal reasons and I went through hell to get over it. I had withdrawal headaches and overslept during the day. But after an year of cutting out caffeine I'm managing without any side effects.

awgthtgtata
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Feb 2013, 12:59 am

I have about half a pot on average. I`m a little sick right now so only a couple of cups. If I don't have my coffee I am not a very good person. I need it to really feel awake and ready for the day. I drink it black. If I add anything to it I can't drink it. Even a half sugar packet or a hint of cream ruins it for me.

Dreycrux
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 1:58 am

A cup of coffee lasts me the whole day. I often sip it cold because it is annoying to have to constantly reheat the cup. This is why I switched to tea, much less gross when cold and less caffeine.

I appear to be hypersensitive to psychoactives...like most autistic people.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 9:28 pm

I'm addicted to caffeine, but my source is soda, which, admittedly, is less healthy than coffee. I can't stand the taste of coffee. I can barely tolerate earl gray tea.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

01 Feb 2013, 10:30 pm

undercaffeinated wrote:
If I go without coffee for about half a day or more, I get slightly irritable, a little drowsy, have (more) trouble focusing, and get headaches. For the most part all those are mild except the headaches (though I get those sometimes without caffeine withdrawl as well... runs in the family).

This is me. Caffeine is good to reduce my autism symptoms.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 4:47 am

knifegill wrote:
Anybody else try going without coffee and start getting a potent experience? My imagination runs wild, I feel stronger ups and downs and things bug me more. I am also using more of my vocabulary.

I drink decaffeinated coffee all the time because regular start making me bounce off the walls, if you know what I mean. The regular coffee I have tried in Steak N Shake really makes me bounce off the walls. I wonder if some of these restaurants had another ingredient added to their coffee.