i have a HUGE heart... for babies and animals, no one else

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 2:09 pm

I called my therapist, and he helped me realize why, i used to get picked on a lot and kids used to make me cry and laugh at me, and im still looking for that sense of power, he said he can help me over come it.

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 2:54 pm

I think other posters have been unnecessarily harsh on you. I'm a parent and would defend my children to the death, but making children cry doesn't necessarily involve any physical abuse, it could be by e.g. teasing. I'm not advocating any sort of bullying, including teasing, but if you notice OPs age s/he is only 16 themselves.

I commend you for asking for input from others as you obviously recognise it's not nice to want to do that and want to find a solution.

Recognising the behaviour I think would indicate that you are not sociopathic. I'm pleased you have spoken to your therapist and will be getting treatment.

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 3:44 pm

I can basically feel compassion for all beings that are:
quiet, kind, polite, calm, tolerant, cute.

Everybody who is loud, moves unexpectedly or is overly extroverted is just a nuisance to me.

awesomeautist
Raven
Raven

26 Feb 2013, 2:31 pm

You are a bad person who needs help.

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 3:15 pm

awesomeautist wrote:

I'm all for self-confidence, but when it spills over into arrogance...you may or not be awesome, but that doesn't give you the right to verbally slay a sixteen year old child.

Stop trolling...you've done too much of that on a variety of threads already.

OP: don't take any notice. Some people just like to inflame and cause controversy. Don't rise to the bait.

awesomeautist
Raven
Raven

26 Feb 2013, 4:49 pm

whirlingmind wrote:
awesomeautist wrote:

I'm all for self-confidence, but when it spills over into arrogance...you may or not be awesome, but that doesn't give you the right to verbally slay a sixteen year old child.

Stop trolling...you've done too much of that on a variety of threads already.

OP: don't take any notice. Some people just like to inflame and cause controversy. Don't rise to the bait.

Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh on the dude but accusing me of trolling is pretty low. The kid needed a good smack on the ass for claiming he enjoys being cruel to kids. In fact if you were so inclined you could claim the OP is trolling with his original comment.

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 5:19 pm

This a sixteen year old little girl we are talking about.

awesomeautist
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2013, 2:20 am

whirlingmind wrote:
This a sixteen year old little girl we are talking about.

16 is not little. It is old enough to not be Molly coddled and to be given blunt advice about your behaviour. I know I certainly needed a a few verbal kicks in the behind at that age. Teens need a good dose of reality.

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 2:37 am

ZombieBrideXD wrote:
i find lately i like making them (children) cry, and as for my peers, i hate teenagers, and i dont care for adults. opinions?

Get help!

awesomeautist
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2013, 3:28 am

tall-p wrote:
ZombieBrideXD wrote:
i find lately i like making them (children) cry, and as for my peers, i hate teenagers, and i dont care for adults. opinions?

Get help!

^^^^^
Exactly, this kind of behaviour could escalate to something more serious. What you're 'enjoying' is already tantamount to psychological abuse.

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 6:02 am

She is getting help! Can't you read more than one post above you in a thread. She is seeing a therapist, who has already analysed why she feels the need to behave like that.

And I disagree. An Aspie at the age of 16 is younger than their chronological age. We usually are emotionally younger than our actual age. For instance, my eight year old is emotionally like a four year old. Sixteen is a child and you could be giving her a complex talking so badly to her! I was so innocent and niaive at sixteen.

awesomeautist
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2013, 10:52 am

whirlingmind wrote:
She is getting help! Can't you read more than one post above you in a thread. She is seeing a therapist, who has already analysed why she feels the need to behave like that.

And I disagree. An Aspie at the age of 16 is younger than their chronological age. We usually are emotionally younger than our actual age. For instance, my eight year old is emotionally like a four year old. Sixteen is a child and you could be giving her a complex talking so badly to her! I was so innocent and niaive at sixteen.

That kind of behaviour doesn't need to be analysed, it needs to be stopped and pronto. A tough love approach is best and this namby pamby approach of treading softly so we don't give young people a complex just allows them to run amok and continue their bad behaviour. We are talking about behaviour that could traumatise other human beings and escalate to something much worse.

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 12:00 pm

That's ridiculous. If the behaviour isn't analysed then how on earth can it be stopped! First you say "get help" and then you contradict yourself by saying that it's not help she needs but a firm hand.

If you are so sure that this behaviour will turn into something much worse down the line, then a firm hand would probably only exacerbate that by alienating the person, them feeling no-one understands them, just shouting at them and putting the fear into them to try to make them stop, it would get internalised and make them more anti-social. I do not advocate namby-pambiness at all, just a logical approach to ensure the issue is dealt with properly. That is what will stop it, and make the person more amenable to others because they find the appopriate outlet, rather than taking their frustrations out on innocent children.

awesomeautist
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2013, 1:41 pm

whirlingmind wrote:
That's ridiculous. If the behaviour isn't analysed then how on earth can it be stopped! First you say "get help" and then you contradict yourself by saying that it's not help she needs but a firm hand.

If you are so sure that this behaviour will turn into something much worse down the line, then a firm hand would probably only exacerbate that by alienating the person, them feeling no-one understands them, just shouting at them and putting the fear into them to try to make them stop, it would get internalised and make them more anti-social. I do not advocate namby-pambiness at all, just a logical approach to ensure the issue is dealt with properly. That is what will stop it, and make the person more amenable to others because they find the appopriate outlet, rather than taking their frustrations out on innocent children.

This is the kind of thinking that is sending modern society down the toilet.

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 2:46 pm

I think you'll find that the neanderthal, violent attitude is what is sending society down the toilet. No-one has any manners any more, there is a violent thuggish attitude everywhere.

You only have to look at how pupils are assaulting teachers to see that. I have nowhere indicated that I do not believe people should be held accountable for their actions. That doesn't mean that their behaviour shouldn't be understood to be treated. I actually believe in punishments fitting the crime, there are too many criminals getting away with short sentences and time off for 'good behaviour'.

I'm sure many of the recent gun mass murders in America are the result of people that could have helped the individuals responsible, not bothering, and those individuals feeling not understood and wreaking their revenge after internalising pent up anger at people that failed them.

What do you suggest? Beating up sixteen year old girls to knock some sense into them? :roll: