Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 1:01 pm

I prefer the heat. The UK seems to be caught in a ''mini iceage'' at the moment and doesn't look like we have much hope of seeing warmer weather until May, which has caused me to have meltdowns a couple of times.

But most people are sensitive to the heat. Last August when we had a heatwave (31C), everybody was going on about how hot it was, and nobody wanted to go to work and they said their clothes was sticking to them. It happened the same with me but I knew I couldn't complain because I love sunshine and heat.

Bustduster
Toucan
Toucan

18 Mar 2013, 1:35 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I prefer the heat. The UK seems to be caught in a ''mini iceage'' at the moment and doesn't look like we have much hope of seeing warmer weather until May, which has caused me to have meltdowns a couple of times.

But most people are sensitive to the heat. Last August when we had a heatwave (31C), everybody was going on about how hot it was, and nobody wanted to go to work and they said their clothes was sticking to them. It happened the same with me but I knew I couldn't complain because I love sunshine and heat.

Same here. I also live in the UK, and sunshine elevates my mood no end. Perhaps it's because our summers are getting so much cooler and wetter than they used to be that we appreciate heat more than some of the other folks on this forum who live in hotter countries. I miss the long heatwaves we used to get in the 90s. When it's summertime here people seem to undergo a clinical change which makes them friendlier and more jovial, and I find that infectious.

Whether I'd want it all the year round is another matter, though...

Last edited by Bustduster on 19 Mar 2013, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Mar 2013, 4:47 pm

I function far better in hot weather than cold. I have been told that I am like a different person in the summer.

glow
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 5:24 pm

All I know is, that this heatwave has Miami attached to it and its torture down here, ive got one fan and one pit to rest my sorry soul in and im still wondering where to get a blast of chilled air from despite the obvious choices, supermarkets, etc.
Walk in fridges seem appealing, then again so does a private pool.

Triple__B
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jul 2013, 9:02 am

I am the guy you see walking into the grocery store in shorts, T-shirt, and flip flops in the dead of winter. I always run hotter than most. I just spent a couple of weeks in Arizona and it was 119 F....NO.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 29 of 200
Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles. ~ Charles Chaplin

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2013, 9:47 am

I hate sweat, and feeling it drip down on me. I have the slimy feeling. I hate feeling like my skin is suffocating. It enflames my eczema. I hate the heat. How can anyone like it? It's oppressive.

I only like hot baths and showers. But only because I detest cold water as much as I detest hot air.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2013, 12:21 pm

I'm not designed for the cold. I hate the cold. I get cold so easily, and I can't function when I'm cold. My hands don't physically swell up when I'm cold but they feel like they do, same with my feet.

While everyone else at work are taking really big bottles of water around with them and almost passing out from the heat, I can keep on my feet and rush around getting everything done and surviving (not literally) on only a small bottle of water which lasts me all day.

I don't associate any of that on my AS though, it's just the way I am. It's probably because I'm skinny and have weak muscles, I don't know.

glow
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 3:46 am

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/hot-to-sl ... 59479.html

Ways to keep cool and hydrated on above link. Ive found It unbearable for breathing, only a small percent of wind pressure has built up and its usuallyin the evening when it gets cooler, but the u.v is still high. lost one summer hat already, the hot weather makes me get bored and tired.
Prefer the 'lame duck months' as you are at freedom of what to do and when to do it. Im highly restricted in this heat, at leat you americans have got the basement where fans actually work!

ibookfan92
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2013, 12:53 am

I would definitely have to say the cold is my favorite. (And I really loved Alaska, by the way.) I *hate* hot weather, because it will instantly start wearing me down... and apparently, a lot of others don't like hot weather either! I wonder if we're supposed to be in cold weather? :-) This is seriously interesting to read!

Kris30
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jul 2013, 11:22 am

I'm loving this mini heat wave. When I was walking my dog this morning everybody was complaining about the heat, which is crazy considering how seldom it actually occurs. I'm definitely one for heat and humidity, I could easily live in Kenya. Winter in this country never seems to end. I don't mind the cold so much when it snows, it seems to lift the gloom somewhat and the British press reporting on snowfall is hilarious. Every report uses the word 'chaos' about twenty times and promptly treats us to a fifteen minute report on the 'chaos' it's causing. You'd think it was molten lava falling from the skies!

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 9:38 pm

Im from a hot area and I dont like it. Especially during the summer, right now, its so hot humid and sticky. I like cooler weather much better. It feels better.