I gave a TEDx talk about my life with Asperger's!

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

PrncssAlay
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2013, 11:23 am

Cookiemobsta wrote:
I talk about the challenges of growing up with Asperger's

When you told about other kids repeatedly moving to a different table in the cafeteria when you sat with them--I've had that happen even as an adult. Difficult to trust people after that.

Many people will be glad they watched this video and benefited from your experience in learning good social skills. :)

Last edited by PrncssAlay on 22 Jun 2013, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 8:10 pm

This is awesome! Congratulations on your numerous successes! :)

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term therapists - that I am an anxious and highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder.

My diagnoses - social anxiety disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

Gnomey
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jun 2013, 9:10 am

That was a very good Ted Talk. I liked it a lot.

Enja
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Jun 2013, 2:52 pm

Nice, well done! One of the TEDx talks that i like :-)

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 10:00 am

Excellent speech & I liked the description of your life growing up & how you have adapted to communicate more effectively.

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 11:12 pm

Thank you Daniel! I want you to know your talk was really helpful for me; it gave me some new ideas and helped my perspective. I also showed it to a guy in my local Aspie group who's been studying Asperger's for years, and he thought it was great too. Thank you for enlightening Aspies and NTs alike, and being all-around helpful. :D