Page 2 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

SphinxFace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jun 2013, 9:09 pm

I would like to find my friends and family just as interesting as fictional characters, nature and inanimate objects. It would also help if working, finding/keeping a job wasn't so stressful.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 9:43 pm

my career back.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 9:46 pm

my back back.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 10:45 pm

Enough work to support myself.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 11:13 pm

To be myself and enjoy my freedom - which is what I'm doing now, Man. 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 11:21 pm

to be married to my sweetie and settled down someplace nice.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 10:35 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
Enough work to support myself.

This is what I want and the not being a burden on family into adulthood that comes with it.

shortcircuit3
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jun 2013, 10:55 am

interaction, conversation, independence.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 11:05 am

I just wish I could make friends easier, and just be able to socially perform without there always being something a bit offish about me.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 11:34 am

auntblabby wrote:
i'm much better at small talk than big talk :oops:

Don't feel bad, because I don't excel at either one. I'll bet most of relate to just about every post on this thread. That's comforting in a bitter medicine way.

Screenager
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jun 2013, 3:08 pm

I really wouldn't mind a chocolate milkshake.

But no seriously: I really want to become a veterinarian and to do that it would help to not become completely drained physically and emotionally every time I have everyday conversations.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 3:45 pm

I want enough more $$$$$$$ to be able to be a professional philanthropist.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 4:05 pm

I want to go back in time and do things based on who I really am instead of the me I assumed I would eventually become back before I found out there was such a thing as NT and non-NT. I kept thinking I'd grow out of this.

servicedogrights25

24 Jun 2013, 4:12 pm

My AS/PDD-NOS has been holding me back from something that I want really bad, but I also think I wouldn't want it if I DIDN'T have AS/PDD-NOS...
I want to learn how to swim! More specifically, become a land-dwelling mermaid :)

However, my autistic brain is like, "Dude, you got this! Jump in!"
And then my other brain is like, "You IDIOT, you can't swim! You're afraid of deep water! And the pool hurts your eyes! And that crushing feeling you get when you have to hold your breath...go up for air NOW! STAY UP THERE!"

So I really can't swim...and this is not cool for a mermaid. Mermaids are my special interest, and I'm so horrified by the real world. I just make my own little world.

I saw this on a keychain that I gave to my older (but not oldest) sister many moons ago...funny how much it applies to us autistics!
"I'm in my own little world...But it's OK. They know me here."
If I had known I would be diagnosed with AS/PDD-NOS later, I would have kept it for myself lol :)

And if I wasn't autistic, I would have never had this obsession the way I do...my sisters like the show, but they aren't as profoundly sucked in as I am. They can pull away from it. I cannot. They can decide whether they want to deal with the thought of being a mermaid, I...it submerges me in its dark and slimy tentacles. I cannot leave my little world behind. I've made so many friends. They accept me. They protect me. I'm normal there. They don't care who you are.

My autism gave me life...but it also took so much away. It gave me a dream...a dream that I cannot achieve. For if I cannot swim, how can I succumb to my true form? My destiny since 2006 has been to become who I really ought to be. But with this newfound autism...it makes it near impossible, at least, I cannot do it without intense support.

I wish I could swim. That is all my autism has held me back from. Everything else...I'll survive. I applied for my service dog a few days ago. Should be contacting me soon.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 4:39 pm

servicedogrights25 wrote:
I wish I could swim. That is all my autism has held me back from. Everything else...I'll survive. I applied for my service dog a few days ago. Should be contacting me soon.

if I could learn to swim, ANYBODY could! I couldn't even stand getting water in my ears and eyes and nose! but through a 3-month-long gradual immersion [pun intended] course, I learned to tolerate such. the secret is to choose the right pool, with a shallow end no deeper than 3 feet. get a decent pair of goggles for the eyes. can't have water owies there. then one has to take baby steps, gradually dipping further down into the water until one's head is immersed. first just tolerate the feeling of the water pressure all around the head, then practice exhaling in the water, this is the toughest part, to exhale at just the right rate so that the water pressure doesn't force water up your nose [that hurts!]. as soon as you are thoroughly acclimated to that, then the fun stuff begins with a floatation board. the rest you can teach yourself.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 5:27 pm

I want £50,000000 and a private jet or I will kill all these hostages.