Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 1:07 am

regular vigorous daily exercise in the morning, will generally improve one's sleep quality.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 1:07 am

I watch videos on my iPad before falling asleep with my iPad on my face. :albino:

Which videos should I watch tonight, Air Crash Investigation or Seconds From Disaster? :albino:

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 9:48 am

Popsicle wrote:
Has anyone heard about liquid L-tryptophan and know whether it works well for sleep?

Melatonin did not work on me and what's more there was an incident with a botched batch of it some time back, in which people suffered permanent health repercussions.

Popsicle, what works for me is to eat my second meal about thirty minutes before I go to sleep. If I don't, I don't sleep. It sure beats drugs, which don't work after prolonged use anyway.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 12:08 pm

SteelMaiden wrote:
I have an IQ of 160 as recorded by an Educational Psychologist.

My mind never stops buzzing with thoughts, calculations and theories. I see the world through numbers and scientific formulae. When my mental health is relatively stable, I see the world through rules and logic too.

I have trouble falling asleep despite being on sedating medications for my various conditions (including the maximum dose of olanzapine); it often takes me more than an hour to fall asleep each night. This is due to my mind being so busy with imagining Pascal's Triangle in 3D, calculating the powers of 2 up to 1,073,741,824 (that was last night), learning pi etc.

Is this "overworking" brain of mine a result of my AS or my high IQ, or both? Can anyone here relate?

Both, as both aspies and gifteds never stop thinking, and both have difficulty falling asleep. The subjects you're thinking off are certainly more from you're high IQ though.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 4:44 pm

I'm the same way. My IQ is 146 and my mind is always planning out stuff to do or what to say to people. I always assumed your mind planning out stuff was an OCD thing but I overlooked that because that's who I am and that's who you are.

Unfortunately, when I talk to people, I feel like a complete idiot.

LordExiron
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jul 2013, 9:58 pm

I have a 167 IQ and have always experienced the same: rushing thoughts, insomnia, etc. In fact, my current diagnosis is ADHD (plus OCD and Social Anxiety). What nikaTheJellyfish said about doing an intellectual activity succeeds in making me all the more restless, because once I leav leave the organized setting in which I'm doing my math or reading or writing and go to bed, I stop thinking about the topic in an organized way, and my mind just starts rolling over it frantically again, keeping me from sleeping.