Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

polarity
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 10:19 pm

Asking about benefits you received because of disability could be considered discrimination, because it's almost the same question as 'are you disabled'.

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2013, 11:46 pm

If I didn't have disability, I'd be starving on the streets. I've been through an insane number of jobs and I just can't hold it long enough foe people to see beyond my socially poor introduction. I'd say keeping a job is 80% social graces, and 20% actual good work.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 12:47 am

SplinterStar wrote:
If I didn't have disability, I'd be starving on the streets. I've been through an insane number of jobs and I just can't hold it long enough foe people to see beyond my socially poor introduction. I'd say keeping a job is 80% social graces, and 20% actual good work.

That is so true, and so horribly unfair.

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 6:03 am

Been on it ever since I can remmeber.

Nobody hires me becuse they are just stupid poopfaced buttsniffing old toiletlickers
\who wont pull their heard out from their armpits long enough to smell their own butts.

So I will sit in my playroom and pretend I have a job instead.

How do they like that?

rilly i don't care what they think they can go sniff a big lump of snailpoop for all I care.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 6:52 am

Disability pension, yes.

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 9:43 am

I've been on SSI for almost a year.

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Does you have to always inform employers if you've ever received such benefits? I always see that asked on applications, like "have you ever received SSDI." At least I think I do. It seems like if I ever ended up on it, I'd have to confide for the rest of my life.

Lie.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 2:21 pm

JitakuKeibiinB wrote:
I've been on SSI for almost a year.

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Does you have to always inform employers if you've ever received such benefits? I always see that asked on applications, like "have you ever received SSDI." At least I think I do. It seems like if I ever ended up on it, I'd have to confide for the rest of my life.

Lie.

Could they find out that kind of thing?

glow
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 5:21 pm

Yes, ESA INCOME RELATED benefit.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 6:38 pm

Im eligible for one, i just never got one.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

glow
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 1:44 pm

ZombieBrideXD wrote:

Are you sure, have you been for screening tests? If you've got a diagnosis you ought to be, but receiving the benefit today is hard, for anyone and over here because of Ian Duncan's Smiths plans for a brighter Tory future.
Don't worry, if Labour get back in they will ensure that welfare is back on an even keel again.
There is an age concern everywhere, they don't even look at a persons capabilities and judgement of character anymore.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 1:49 pm

My mum supports me right now and I'm going to school part-time (taking one course at a time) but she gets a disability tax credit for looking after me.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Oct 2013, 1:56 pm

glow wrote:
ZombieBrideXD wrote:

Are you sure, have you been for screening tests? If you've got a diagnosis you ought to be, but receiving the benefit today is hard, for anyone and over here because of Ian Duncan's Smiths plans for a brighter Tory future.
Don't worry, if Labour get back in they will ensure that welfare is back on an even keel again.
There is an age concern everywhere, they don't even look at a persons capabilities and judgement of character anymore.

The Tories have conquered Canada now?

TB_Samurai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Oct 2013, 6:23 pm

Yes. For a few years now. At least three, I think.

steffan
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Oct 2013, 9:59 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
glow wrote:
ZombieBrideXD wrote:

The Tories have conquered Canada now?

:-D

Sometimes I can be insensitive and very blunt. I dont mean to offend or upset you. If I do please tell me!

09 Oct 2013, 4:48 am

ESA (WRAG) but am left alone by the DWP
DLA (Medium Rate Care / Lower Rate Mobility)

2-bed Local Housing Allowance as over-night care is required - I had to show my Council the DWP guidelines as they claimed one had to be under Social Services; nonsense.

NIL Council Tax bill (for those that live in areas where folk on benefits have to pay, I suggest you look at getting exempt from CT under Severe Mental Impairment grounds; you do need to be receiving DLA MRC, and get your GP to sign the form) 'mental impairment' can be construed as 'not quite there' or 'mentally ill'

Free travel pass - criterion g (if some of you are severe, or attended an SEN school, then it's criterion f

Free swimming pass issued by my local council as I receive DLA

The CEA cinema card

ladraven
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2013, 7:44 am

daydreamer84 wrote:
My mum supports me right now and I'm going to school part-time (taking one course at a time) but she gets a disability tax credit for looking after me.

Do you mean carers allowance because there is no way your mum would be getting any type of tax credit.

No benefits for me, but if my employment situation was different I would look into it. As it is every penny coming into my household comes from the public purse anyway.