Does anyone have trouble looking for things?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2013, 8:04 am

My glasses were sitting on a box of recorded DVDs next to my computer. I have a very small apartment (2.5 rooms) and spent about 15 minutes looking for the glasses before giving up and putting on my other pair.

I'd been sitting at the computer when the search for the glasses began.

I "found" the first pair about ten minutes after putting on the other, and no, my vision isn't so bad that I couldn't have seen the missing pair right at the start.

Another arrow pointing towards the spectrum?

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2013, 8:13 am

No arrow. I've heard of people searching for their glasses while wearing them, both in place, and on top of their head. Also, using a cell phone light to look for the cell phone, and dozens of similar occurrences. FML has stories of people breaking into their own houses before finding the keys in their pockets, etc.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2013, 8:25 am

I have this issue so bad that it almost makes me believe in ghosts and other paranormal crap.

jayssite
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Dec 2013, 10:50 am

Yep. I'll be looking for something that's right in front of me and I won't see it. It's embarrassing when someone else comes to help me search, sees it immediately and gives me a strange look.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2013, 11:06 am

I don't put out very much garbage, and last week, the sanitary engineers didn't notice my bag on their rounds. I just heard them find it, under a snow cap. :-)

Aperture
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2013, 11:55 am

I seem to have two different issues with trying to find things: one is that I'm usually not very good at finding things, and the other is that it's often really irritating to me when things aren't where they're supposed to be in the first place. It seems like my frustration at having to look for things at all kind of makes it hard to focus and find what I'm looking for.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2013, 12:26 pm

OddFiction wrote:
curious if people who answer the OP question might be interested in another question - wondering if it's related in any way:
do you remember places by landmarks or street names ? I'm a "turn left at the white house with garden gnomes" type of person myself.

1) sh***y at finding things.

2) By position. I position things globally and then relate them to each other. So places I have been are memorized in my internal google maps program. Building A = southwestern of point B = connected via big street leading western, then southsouthwestern then again western, ..... On one side I shock people by being able to approximate calculate directions of geo cashes in the head, on the other side they despair, when trying to describe me the way to a new location. They seem to mention tons of things on the way, that I simply dont mention, until searching for them on purpose. Street names dont exist for me, if they have no connection to the streets (As example a limewoodroad with limewood-trees.), I cant remember them. (Its the same with names for me. ^^)