Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2013, 11:44 pm

I suppose if I have one it'd be my favourite pillow. It's rather heavy and very comfortable to sleep on, but I like it because it's the one pillow of the bunch that I grab and give a good hug to before I go to sleep and when I wake up, while thinking of someone/people I love. :)

Forkliftoperator
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2013, 1:06 am

My fleece blanket.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 1:24 am

I love fleece. I have fleece-lined easy pants, fleece shirts, fleece jackets, fleece-lined indoor boots etc. I also have fleece blankets.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 1:41 am

My purple fuzzy sofa blanket

My lavender bolster pillow -- I sleep with it as my "huggy-pillow"

The flip-top lid on the thermometer case -- it makes a cool clicky sound when I flick it open and closed. Wish I could find something like this to carry with me.

The tops of my hands after I've washed them and applied lotion -- they're really soft and smooth, and I love wringing my hands together for that sensation

Go as far as you can see. When you get there, you will see farther.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 1:50 am

My 25 pound weighted blanket.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

wolfwynd
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Dec 2013, 6:51 am

My build a bear wolf always makes me feel better and my rats, I like to stroke them.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 7:06 am

When things get tough you will usually find me curled up with my stuffed dog and sucking my thumb.
At school I have a lanyard I use to comfort myself by running it through or twirling it around
my fingers. And I usually feel safer/better when I have my hat and shaded glasses on.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 11:24 am

Thats an easy one. My dogs! The sensation of them curled up next to me when going to sleep or taking a nap is extremely comforting.

Soccer22
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 11:35 am

Petting my pug. She's all chubby and soft and actually purrs when you pet her so I always enjoy petting her. Petting her de-stresses me too.

Other than that, anything soft is nice to touch, like a fleece blanket or stuffed animal.
I also like rubbing my ear lobes.

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 2:23 pm

Toy_Soldier wrote:
Thats an easy one. My dogs! The sensation of them curled up next to me when going to sleep or taking a nap is extremely comforting.

THIS: I'm glad I have a large dog because I can squish him without hurting him. I just like rub my face in my dog's fur. ITS SO FLUFFY! A lot of people in my neighborhood have this really fluffy kind of dog and I have to stay away from them because I kind of go ballistic (in a good way) when I touch them but I'm 6'2" and so people are either terrified or think I'm gay which could be dangerous given the number of Cristian fundamentalists in the area. It has a very fuzzy face and I like to pet it's mustache.

You are very likely an Aspie

StarCity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 3:42 pm

My metronome.

It isn't natural for me, but it enables me to "fit in".
It is VERY tiring and draining, but at least we can appear like them even though it is an act. Like being on the stage.
They can't see it is emulation, and so we are accepted.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 4:17 pm

Definitely my weighted blanket! Apart from the weight, the fabric is really nice to rub against - it's minky. :)

Cats are great for this, too, but sadly I don't have one and can't get one any time soon. :(

Pillows can also be good, but the ones I have at the moment aren't. I'll buy some better ones when I can.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 4:56 pm

buffinator wrote:
Toy_Soldier wrote:

THIS: I'm glad I have a large dog because I can squish him without hurting him. I just like rub my face in my dog's fur. ITS SO FLUFFY! A lot of people in my neighborhood have this really fluffy kind of dog and I have to stay away from them because I kind of go ballistic (in a good way) when I touch them but I'm 6'2" and so people are either terrified or think I'm gay which could be dangerous given the number of Cristian fundamentalists in the area. It has a very fuzzy face and I like to pet it's mustache.

That's sad.

I'm 6'2" and gay. Most people don't know or realize this because I don't look/act like a stereotypical fag. Regardless, I could have some real fun in your neighbourhood.. hugging dogs & confronting as*holes. :twisted: Heh, I kid I kid.. I wouldn't hug dogs. :P lol kidding again. I'm not the confrontational type out looking for trouble, but I do think it's sad that anyone has to fear others either assuming or knowing they're gay. That's some kind of BS right there. How ironic that these people are "Christian fundamentalists," when Christianity (I'm a baptized Roman Catholic & God Father to 3 children.) preaches tolerance & acceptance of all, not hatred. It's almost 2014 and people are still using The Bible as a means to justify their hatred & bigotry. Pathetic.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 7:04 pm

Thats the beauty of dogs and pets in general. Be nice to them and they don't care what you are.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 10:20 pm

I was rubbing my thumbnail as I was browsing and saw this post. I can't quit rubbing it when I have painted nails. I love how smooth it feels. And I like to pet my dogs'ears. Except for new baby skin, dog ears are the softest.

dobrolvr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Dec 2013, 10:58 pm

I'm extremely tactile and love anything silky or with tassles or anything of that sort that I can run my fingers through...it's not enough for me to just touch things though, I have to have them go between my fingers. I just always crave that sensation. I also twirl my hair in between my fingers and really enjoy stuff like silly putty, etc. Another one of my standbys is a makeup brush(one of those wide, round ones) I bounce it up and down on the palm of my hand so that the bristles wedge in between my fingers. :wink: