Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 6:45 pm

Could be stress + not getting enough sleep.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 6:49 pm

vickygleitz wrote:
The spaciness and such...well, that's me on a good day.

Other things you mentioned though, the anger, agitation, and feeling ways you have not since a child, brought back old memories.

Years and years ago, there was a book out, titled 'Passages." I am not sure, but it might have been written by Gail Sheehy. I knew several people who had reached their late twenties and were having difficulties in many areas, particularly in areas connected with old problems they thought that they had long resolved. They realized what was going on in their minds after reading the book and took steps to correct it.

According to the book [which I just skimmed through for half an hour about 40 years ago] people with unresolved issues that they thought they had dealt with, but hadn't, tend to reach their late twenties and suddenly have a resurfacing of the unresolved conflicts.

As I mentioned, I never actually studied the book, and this was a looooong time ago, but do you think that this could possibly be the problem?

It very well could be. Maybe I didn't improve as much as I thought I had. I did still live with my parents until I was 26 and it was afterward I started running into more problems. I think in some way, the improvement could just be attributed to keeping myself sheltered, cloistered, and not exposing myself to a lot of stress, but with some of the support coming off I might be having more trouble.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 6:50 pm

Marybird wrote:
Could be stress + not getting enough sleep.

Stress, definitely. I've had times of good sleep and poor sleep, so it may not contributed entirely.

Fogpatrol
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jan 2014, 7:10 pm

I'm just like you when im stressed and tired. It's a bad cycle because the more stressed I am, the harder it is to get good sleep and I even get more tired and stressed the next day. I really think i'm getting worst as I age too.

I get very agitated and anxious when I had a good day of work or had good news during the day for no reason as well.

Good times...

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 8:29 pm

Fogpatrol wrote:
I'm just like you when im stressed and tired. It's a bad cycle because the more stressed I am, the harder it is to get good sleep and I even get more tired and stressed the next day. I really think i'm getting worst as I age too.

I get very agitated and anxious when I had a good day of work or had good news during the day for no reason as well.

Good times...

Ja, though I don't really get agitated or anxious after a good day of work or good news; rather, I become happy, but it all would still need to be processed, I guess, leading to stress if I don't watch it.

bleh12345
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 7:00 am

Are you dissociating? This sounds like me when I'm either dissociating or "spacing out". When I space out, I have sensory problems. My eyes seem to attach to the space in between any object, and it just feels very nice. It feels like I just can't move away. The daze feels that nice. It could be something like brain damage or seizures, too. Could you have bumped your head and not remember?

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 7:05 pm

bleh12345 wrote:
Are you dissociating? This sounds like me when I'm either dissociating or "spacing out". When I space out, I have sensory problems. My eyes seem to attach to the space in between any object, and it just feels very nice. It feels like I just can't move away. The daze feels that nice. It could be something like brain damage or seizures, too. Could you have bumped your head and not remember?

No, I don't think I bumped my head. I have this a lot. But yes, I look at the space, too, and just kinda daze and become unaware of what I'm really seeing or even thinking. When I come out of it, it's like I just came back into focus. It's a way for me to briefly shut down, let everything cool off and rest. It's semi-voluntary.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 7:27 pm

Ugh, I feel in a fog right now and I feel kinda irritated.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 9:49 pm

I spoke to my therapist about the accidental shoplifting incident and the problems with driving today. He says that it's likely due to recent poor sleep and having a lot on my mind, as I am too young to have dementia.