Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Drehmaschine
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 2:22 pm

ASPrm wrote:
linatet wrote:
I feel like a prisoner of my own mind, but for a different reason.
My mind is damn annoying, it keeps repeating things, for example, sentences I said in a conversation rewind like a a non stop looping machine. Also it's very hard to take somethingof my mind, for instance, if I have an irrational fear it's very hard to get rid of it even if I know it's irrational. And my mind contradicts me saying things I don't want to think about just to annoy me. To top off, my mind thinks very fast, thinks too much, analyze things all the time, perceive things all the time, it makes me exhausted, just make it stop. Annoying mind.

I can sympathize with this for sure. Sometimes I feel like telling it to STFU.

This. For certain.

katedidit
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2014, 4:09 pm

I think prisoner is a strong word but I definitely feel trapped in my mind. I even told my doctor last time I was there that I am tired of feeling like I am stuck in my head, not knowing how to or being able to interact with my surroundings. It can be very isolating sometimes.

On the other hand, my mind is my happy place and I find when I am "out of my head," I can't really handle it. It feels overwhelming and I am want to get back in after a short time!

tjr1243
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jan 2014, 4:21 pm

LupaLuna wrote:
How many out there feel like you are prisoner in your own mind. Do you ever find yourself longing to be able to emotionally connect with another person but just can't no matter what you do. If you where ever granted one wish. Would you find that that is what you would wish for more then anything else?

Unfortunately, yes. Loneliness gives me an ache of despair. It is indescribable. I wish that I could emotionally connect with someone else but don't feel I have the skills to give the other person the support that they need. I will try, but I think I come across unsupportive in my tone of voice and lack of being able to think of helpful things to say.