Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 9:34 am

of course I talk to animals, they have feelings also and many can at least communicate and are NICER than most people

I also talk to pretty much everything around me, if a dish moves in the drainer when I set it down I say "don't do that", when my bicycle keeps falling down I get mad a t it for not cooperating and tell it off, I am constantly talking to stuff, fortunately none of it talks back (so I don't think I am crazy - yet)

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 10:31 am

I talk to animals a lot, especially my own cat. I must confess, however, that I like to pretend that she is talking back to me like a normal person, giving small talk at times.

I only talk to certain objects when I get a little frustrated with how they are not working how I want them to work, saying "come on" at times.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 11:08 am

Drehmaschine wrote:
I mentally "talk" to my machines at the Factory and in my shop. I like to think they "know" I appreciate their work and care about them.

That sounds silly by the way, but it is what it is.

:lol:
I sometimes talk to objects as well, but more often to animals. I love meowing at cats and having them meow back. If you make short, repetitive meows, they will follow you as though you were the Pied Piper. I started doing that after witnessing a mother cat repetitively meowing in short, truncated meows to her kittens, who glanced in all directions prior to springing forth from the bushes.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 11:47 am

Most often to my cat. He likes to answer in sounds when he sees me and when I say his name! :heart:

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 11:50 am

Yes but I'd only worry about it if they started talking back.

They don't so it's all good to me.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 12:40 pm

Yep, - and it is very common.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 12:47 pm

My dog loved being talked to.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 12:58 pm

Neighbors sometimes tell me that they see me talking to my bike, of course they look all puzzled and weirded out. I talk to the locks too, especially when it's winter and they're cold and I don't want them to seize up on me. I encourage them and thank them!

My cat yes! And my plushies. I think I probably talk to a lot of "things."

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 12:59 pm

Yes, of course. I communicate better with my cats than with most people. I talk to plants and trees and everything sometimes. The river too. I love talking to the river and often feel like it knows I am talking to it.
my computers/phone too; usually to call them a stupid machine when they are being slow.

matt
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 1:00 pm

I talk to my cats. They do respond, often verbally, sometimes physically.

Sometimes we have conversations. They do not respond in English, but by meowing, including inflection.

Last edited by matt on 02 Feb 2014, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 1:01 pm

I thought everyone talked to animals. They are conscious, they can hear you, they listen.
Some try to talk back.
I talk to all animals, even wild animals and insects. Flies, spiders, bees, ants etc.
I love to talk to humming birds because they will hoover in front of you and look right at you while you are talking to them.
Sometimes I talk to myself and other humans.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 2:03 pm

I think it is very common and natural for people to do it. It's what makes us human, I guess. My very NT mother will talk to her GPS, sometimes more than she does to me when we're on a road trip, and she even calls it a she because of its female voice. I wanted to call that GPS a lot less printable things after we went to New Brunswick last summer and Mom took forever to find places we wanted to go that turned out to be within walking distance from our hotel because the GPS was outdated, and she nearly got us killed while trying to find a place to eat at night while it was pouring with rain out. When her birthday came a month later I got her a map book of all the Atlantic provinces. :lol:

But I don't understand why it's supposed to be strange to talk to animals. I thought everyone did that. Is it only because they can't to us (with words) that it's supposed to be weird? When I interact positively with my cats by petting or cuddling talking is just part of it. I guess it's weird if I ask them questions because I know they can't just answer me. :)

I also talk to myself quite a bit. And I don't always just talk to myself, I sometimes will tel myself stories and jokes or even read books out loud. I live alone so there's no one else around to talk to and even if there was they probably wouldn't care less about what I wanted to say. :roll:

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 4:14 pm

i almost only talk to animals and objects

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 5:00 pm

I talk to people in World of Warcraft. I don't interact with other actual human players, but I always chat with the computer-generated non-player characters. They seem far more real to me (and generally more polite! Haha)

And yeah I talk to animals and pets, but I think that's pretty normal!

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 7:14 pm

Sure, I talk to animals and objects....when I had fish, I'd talk to them, and when one of my plushies falls off my bed, I apologize to him or her and pick them back up. :D

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Basso53
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 10:36 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I think it is very common and natural for people to do it. It's what makes us human, I guess. My very NT mother will talk to her GPS, sometimes more than she does to me when we're on a road trip, and she even calls it a she because of its female voice. I wanted to call that GPS a lot less printable things after we went to New Brunswick last summer and Mom took forever to find places we wanted to go that turned out to be within walking distance from our hotel because the GPS was outdated, and she nearly got us killed while trying to find a place to eat at night while it was pouring with rain out. When her birthday came a month later I got her a map book of all the Atlantic provinces. :lol:

But I don't understand why it's supposed to be strange to talk to animals. I thought everyone did that. Is it only because they can't to us (with words) that it's supposed to be weird? When I interact positively with my cats by petting or cuddling talking is just part of it. I guess it's weird if I ask them questions because I know they can't just answer me. :)

I also talk to myself quite a bit. And I don't always just talk to myself, I sometimes will tel myself stories and jokes or even read books out loud. I live alone so there's no one else around to talk to and even if there was they probably wouldn't care less about what I wanted to say. :roll:

My NT wife talks to Siri. Best part is that Siri doesn't constantly interrupt her, like I do. :lol:

You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits