Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 12:32 am

ZombieBrideXD wrote:
Like L from Death note?

I've actually been compared to him partially because of this by my anime-obsessed stepsister, no lie.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 3:40 am

I'm constantly changing positions and i'm sure most of them look unusual and am usually also rocking to some extent and other stimming.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 7:30 am

ZombieBrideXD wrote:
Like L from Death note?

Pretty much :lol:

I don't do this as frequently as I used to. I never used to own chairs or couches, though, and always sat on cushions on the floor when at home.

diablo77
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Apr 2014, 8:00 am

I often sit on one or both legs and prefer to sit on the floor though I sit in chairs more when people are around because I don't want to be hassled about it. When I sit on the floor, especially when I was younger but sometimes even now, I have this way of sitting with my legs folded behind me but sort of splayed out to the side, if that makes any sense. Since I started working with special populations I have noticed several other people on the spectrum who do this, and never seen anyone else do it, except a Japanese exchange student my family knew when I was a kid, who also spun in circles for no apparent reason when she was excited and who my family always compared to me, so....possibly undiagnosed?

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 8:08 am

I like kneeling on a chair or sofa. I used to knee on a chair all the time when I was younger, especially in the lessons. Knee on a chair and warm my foots and back using the heater next to my desk. That was just perfect. Now I sit this way only at home, especially when eating. I often joke I should move to Japan since they "sit" by their tables the same way I do. But I do the knee thing since I remember, before reading anything about Japan.

I also tend to sit on floor the way Diablo described:
It is the way, right? (my photo of age 13 or so)
People are always surprised HOW I can see this way and consider it comfortable.

Last edited by Kiriae on 24 Apr 2014, 8:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 8:12 am

There are times when I feel the most comfortable sitting like a "proper lady," with one leg crossed over another. I have to watch that whenever I'm around guys.

Really, I don't think it matters how one sits--as long as one is comfortable and doesn't "show too much."

By the way, I'm a masculine, straight guy.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 24 Apr 2014, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 10:05 am

I always sit with one or both legs under me, or with one or both legs crossed on top of each other. Occasionally I wrap my legs around the legs of the chair.

The most comfortable position for me is when both legs are criss crossed on top of each other. I do this regardless of whether or not I am in a chair or sitting on the floor. When I am listening to someone giving a speech etc. and when I am working on any sort of hands on project (which is pretty much anything besides writing) I prefer to sit on the floor.

On problem with always having my legs crossed is that my knees can get really sore if I sit for a long time.

I have never been able to sit in a chair with both feet on the floor.

I also am constantly changing positions as well.

Heliosphan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Apr 2014, 12:24 pm

I usually cross my feet over and have the top part of my right toes resting against the floor. Is this unusual? :P

Nepsis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Apr 2014, 12:42 pm

I like to sit with my right leg under me.
At home I like to sit with my right leg under me and my left leg crossed over my right knee...like a messed-up lotus position.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 3:16 pm

Kiriae wrote:
I like kneeling on a chair or sofa. I used to knee on a chair all the time when I was younger, especially in the lessons. Knee on a chair and warm my foots and back using the heater next to my desk. That was just perfect. Now I sit this way only at home, especially when eating. I often joke I should move to Japan since they "sit" by their tables the same way I do. But I do the knee thing since I remember, before reading anything about Japan.

hey i sit like that too!

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

diablo77
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Apr 2014, 8:27 am

Kiriae wrote:

That's it! People say the same thing to me.

AmandaMarie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Apr 2014, 11:07 am

Kiriae wrote:

I sit like this too :)

WhatHazard
Raven
Raven

25 Apr 2014, 3:40 pm

I have to sit with one leg under me or my legs up in the chair with me somehow, I also feel more comfortable sitting on the floor for some reason. I always thought it was a strange quirk I had, I have to remind myself not to sit on my legs or cross them as much because I'm concerned about circulation issues in the future but it's such a strong habit I find myself doing it automatically as soon as I stop paying attention to my legs.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2014, 5:27 pm

People have long since commented on my odd seating habits. I remember my mom commenting on how I'd sit on the edge of my seat a lot, and I reposition myself in my seat frequently, too.

Quote:
I often sit on one or both legs and prefer to sit on the floor though I sit in chairs more when people are around because I don't want to be hassled about it. When I sit on the floor, especially when I was younger but sometimes even now, I have this way of sitting with my legs folded behind me but sort of splayed out to the side, if that makes any sense.

I can't easily splay both my legs like that, but I usually sit with my left leg under me and my right leg either splayed to the side or sticking out straight, if that makes sense.

Anyone here sit with their feet like this?
http://www.aspiestrategy.com/2013/02/ad ... -feet.html

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2014, 7:46 pm

I used to often sit with my legs underneath me too! It was even noted upon in my diagnosis evaluation - they noticed that I was "squirming in my seat" the entire time. I'm certain it was a sensory thing as I hated sitting with my butt down in a chair.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term therapists - that I am an anxious and highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder.

My diagnoses - social anxiety disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2014, 8:44 pm

Below is what I do (“double crossing” my legs). Please note, this is only an example. I am a guy…and my legs don’t look like that! LOL.