Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

FallingDownMan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2014, 11:28 am

TallyMan wrote:
FallingDownMan wrote:
I've been the guy sent on the joke errands all my life. The dough patch, 50 yards of flight line, relative bearing grease, and so on.

Can you pop down to the trade counter please and ask them for a "long weight". :wink:

haha... lol

hyena
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2014, 11:34 am

I am not gullible. I have a sarcastic sense of humour and can keep up with the best of them or at least I am not affected by stupid pranks. I'll just smile and make some sarcastic remark or roll my eyes and smile.

CuddleHug
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jun 2014, 11:41 am

I used to be gullible but now I know better. When I was a kid there was this girl she was the first person I remember actually trying to make friends with and talk to for a few minutes at least. We were in a playground and it was getting late so cold and she commented on this. Que me I'd seen movies I knew my script so I offered her my coat. Her response was that she was a witch and that she'd just cast a magical spell to warm herself up. Mine? Alright that sounds good I?ll just keep my coat then.

All humans will lie to you as an adult ignoring that fact is what makes you gullible. So am I gullible now? Yes and no. Yes because I can?t judge other people?s intentions. And no because I?ve gone to the extreme other end you mentioned and I don?t trust anyone. As you predicted it doesn?t make things better it only further isolates you in my experience. I still take everything literally per why I am still gullible but I don?t believe anyone anymore. For example my brother once said that if I had sex before him he?d kill me. I doubted this as it seemed like an extreme response but I still made the note to accommodate for this if it turned out to be true. As it turns out he had sex first so I?ll never know the truth. So that?s how I approach gullibility I don?t believe anyone but I always accommodate in case I?m wrong.

perpetual_padawan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jun 2014, 1:08 pm

TallyMan wrote:
perpetual_padawan wrote:
I hate being gullible. I've been tormented my entire life by having this impulse (not sure if that's the right word) to believe what people are saying.

The other day at work, one of the guys had a shake cup filled with an off-white drink. I told him that it looks just like breast milk. I didn't think it was when I said it, but just made the observation. His reply though was, "it is." Like a fool, I said, "wow, really? Why are you drinking breast milk?" Needless to say, the rest of the shift, people kept coming up to me saying outlandish things, and I my impulse was to believe them. It's been like this forever, and it gets to the point that almost don't want to believe anyone. It's safer that way, but I feel that doing so would further isolate me from others so I've resisted that temptation.

You've just reminded me, your WrongPlanet membership fee is overdue, can you forward it to me sometime during the next few days please. It works out at $1 per post you've made. :P

I initially did

kraftiekortie wrote:
He might believe you!

Until I saw this post.

:oops:

NicholasName
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jun 2014, 2:16 pm

I do take things literally more often than most people, but overall, definitely not. I border on paranoia.