I need to leave.
I have to get out of here.
Stop doing that. (tap tap tap)
You're being too slow.
You're talking too slow.
I can't handle this....
Could you stop?
I don't really want to visit.

Most of those aren't really normal things to say. It may feel normal and natural to you to say them, but other people don't view it as normal. It's not typical for people to say those things to each other, except maybe close family members. My mom and I will say things like that to each other, but we do it humorously and we don't take offense to it.

Sometimes I WANT to say those things to other people but I don't. Like when I'm shopping in the grocery store, and someone is taking forever to look at something and they are in my way, I want to bark "HURRY UP YOU'RE IN MY WAY." But I don't do it.

I didn't think of the store scenario, yeah don't say anything. Unless there is something on the shelf you want, just tell them excuse me and ask if you can get the item off the shelf and thy will be glad to move so you can grab the item and they can go back to looking. If someone was rude to me, I would take my precious time. People can just go slower when you're impatient.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

emandeli
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Oct 2014, 6:48 pm

haha, the point of me posting this thread seems to be misunderstood. Maybe I need to edit my words.

I understand it's rude just because of what others tell me, but I don't "get" it often when it's come out because it feels neutral to me. I understand they all need changing to other words or requests. What I am trying to understand if there are other things that other people say that come across as rude or perhaps with no feelings involved when and feels like no big deal (don't get why someone would be upset over some things). I read my list and it sounds way worse than they are as I haven't described context. I don't go in the grocery store and say "get out of my way" to anyone. I usually actually go "beep beep. thanks!"

Anyhow I appreciate the suggestions. Could you please share with me what are things that you may have said in your life that are interpreted different than how you feel/intended to?