Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Uranus
Toucan
Toucan

27 Nov 2014, 8:25 pm

Antosh74 wrote:
r2d2 wrote:
r2d2 wrote:

pediatric neurologist Andrew Zimmerman, who had been fascinated by anecdotal reports from parents that their autistic children improved during bouts of fever.

<snip>

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.forbes.com/sites/fayeflam/20" class="vglnk"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>forbes</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>sites</span><span>/</span><span>fayeflam</span><span>/</span><span>20</span></a> ... -broccoli/

Doesn't everyone become less hyper and less nervous and more calmed down when they have a fever?

Well sir, that's a Really integrering question!....

It could be that people with Autism have a blood flow problem, but not of the body, of the brain. This fever might activate certian areas of the brain that once didn't flow so well. I'm no brain scientist though.

screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 10:24 pm

Anecdotally:

I craved broccoli during one of my two pregnancies. I ate several large bowls of broccoli every single day. That child is NT.

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well

Antosh74
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Nov 2014, 4:04 pm

screen_name wrote:
Anecdotally:

I craved broccoli during one of my two pregnancies. I ate several large bowls of broccoli every single day. That child is NT.

Did you notice any difference yourself?

screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 9:39 pm

Antosh74 wrote:
screen_name wrote:
Anecdotally:

Did you notice any difference yourself?

I was only diagnosed with ADHD and aphasia at the time.

Sensory processing has been my all-time biggest hurdle no matter how you diagnose it. My biggest relief from it came when I had an infant and was breastfeeding (both times). I've always assumed it was the oxytocin.

I didn't notice any sensory processing changes when I was pregnant and craving broccoli. If it did help, the time period when I had a newborn would be when I was most vulnerable--but, I was not. I did not have debilitating sensory issues during the infancy of either of my kids.

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well