Did you/do you receive special help from schools?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

30 Oct 2014, 1:42 pm

I was in resource classes too & went to a dyslexic school for a couple years because I was diagnosed with dyslexia & ADHD sense kindergarten. I also have a rare low vision disorder that wasn't diagnosed till my sneior year of high-school which caused me to need special help along with a tremor disorder. I was never officially diagnosed with Aspergers thou I'm sure I have it too.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 9:44 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I had a school aid with me from 7th to 12th grade and I was also in the resource room. I also got my work modified. I was on the IEP from early childhood. I don't know if I ever had the 504 plan. I do remember going to special ed in elementary school and I was in a self contained room when I was six and seven. I went to a school for kids with developmental delays when I was 3-5 years old.

I also had an IEP, but I didn't get the accommodations I needed like... having work cut down or extra time on tests and quizzes. I did lie to a teacher in an elective class once by telling her that my IEP required my work to be cut down. She gave us this big ass packet in early childhood class. However, when she told me to do what I could, the f*****g teacher gave me a bad grade for not completing the entire packet. -_-