Rather yes 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Rather no 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Definately no 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 9

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 7:02 am

Maybe my dysexecutiveness is a result of something which is under misleading name of NLD? So it would not be true ADHD. I do not think that it is a learning disability, but a subtype of dysexecutive disoder, which is a symptom of a PDD which is probably not related to childhood autism. It looks like a combination of SCT and ADD for me. Maybe it is it? But I do not know how impulsive I am. Maybe impulsivity is just a result of AS, not ADHD, if it is present in my case?

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2024, 11:32 am

I revive my old topic from almost ten years because I had professional DIVA-5 test with a psychologist.

In childhood I had 4 from 9 inattention symptoms and 5 from 9 hyperactivity symptoms.

In adulthood I had 5 from 9 inattention symptoms and 7 from 9 hyperactivity symptoms.

The results were doubly abnormal for me because despite half of all total symptoms recognised for childhood both inattention scale and hyperactivity scale did not reach the threshold of six symptoms from nine available and because in adulthood I had three symptoms more than in childhood in both subscales taken together.

Does it mean that I have no combined type at all because both inattention and hyperactivity were below six in childhood, even though total was four points about five (nine from eighteen)? The person who made the test with me wrote that the results lead to the preliminary hypothesis that I have mixed-type ADHD (ADHD-C, combined type ADHD) of moderate level of severity. I told the person who made the DIVA-5 test for me that I was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome, schizotypal disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder and that I sometimes received other diagnoses also.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2024, 2:20 pm

Sounds very possible. But also depends on what causes your hyperactivity and impulsiveness.... symptoms can and do overlap a bit between many different mental disorders.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD