Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

IntellectualCat
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Jan 2015, 10:31 pm

I have only felt lonely twice in my life. The two times I did, I saw me being different as being defective. This seemed to intensify my feelings of being misunderstood, which made me want to reach out to people. Usually, I don't mind feeling misunderstood, but those two times, I did.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2015, 11:25 pm

All day everyday until who knows when.

Luzhin
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jan 2015, 12:15 am

Yep, I feel most alone when I am in a group of people. When everyone is talking and laughing I usually just go off to the side somewhere and watch what's going on. I've tried to hang around with a group but normally don't have anything to say regarding what they are talking about. And honestly, I basically feel that I could be home and doing something that interests me instead of listening to trivial chatter. But it's still lonely always being on the outside looking in.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 1:38 am

before I found this place, I was lonely almost all the time, even surrounded by other people who couldn't give a damn about me- this feeling was leavened by my sister and oldest brother. but since I found that there is this place where there are people similar to me whose thought I can read, I don't feel so alone anymore. plus I have met very interesting people here who have brightened my life :)

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 2:59 am

I feel lonely on Wrong Planet.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 3:11 am

Raleigh wrote:

please talk more about it, I will listen.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 3:21 am

auntblabby wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

please talk more about it, I will listen.

There's not much more to say.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 3:24 am

^^^
I'm sorry.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 3:36 am

The kind of loneliness I often wrestle with isn't tied to circumstance very much. Instead, it feels like a void in my mind, heart, and soul. I keep thinking of Adam in the Bible, before Eve was created. He had daily visits with God in paradise, no death or disease, animals of every sort for friends...but something was still missing. God knew this, so He purposely designed Eve in a way where both she and Adam would compliment each other, including but not limited to the physical. A lot of the time, that same "void of Adam" seems to be in my heart, but I don't want to treat women as objects. I was hurt very deeply once, and I'm scared to trust again...but I'm also desperate for healing and peace. Prayer works wonders, but there's still nights where I panic, wondering how this whole struggle will turn out. For those in here who believe Jesus is Lord, please pray for me; thanks.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 3:38 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
I'm sorry.

Why are you sorry? This is just one more place where I don't fit in. It's not your fault.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 4:03 am

some thoughts that were instructional to me and gave me comfort-

*The person who spoke most cruelly to her was her. She decided she would start speaking kindly to herself, replacing any negative words with positive ones. She would choose language that supported, nurtured, motivated and, as often as she could, make her smile. That’s how you treat someone you love. - Kathy Kinney

*"May those who love us love us - and those who do not loves us, may God turn their hearts, and if He cannot turn their hearts may he turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping." - Irish prayer

*There is in certain living souls a quality of loneliness unspeakable-
So great it must be shared as company is shared by lesser beings.
Such a loneliness is mine; so know by this -
That in immensity there is one lonelier than you."
"Perhaps in the end, all that matters is this: that even to loneliness, there is an end
." [Theodore Sturgeon- 1918-1985]

*"If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company." - Jean-Paul Sartre

*"Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it." ~Fyodor Dostoevsky

*"Nothing hurts a good soul and the kind heart more than to live amongst people who can’t understand it." ~ Ali Ibn Abi Taalib

*"There is hunger for ordinary bread, and there is hunger for love, for kindness, for thoughtfulness; and this is the great poverty that makes people suffer so much." — Mother Teresa

*"“You, he said, "are a terribly real thing in a terribly false world, and that, I believe, is why you are in so much pain.” - Emilie Autumn, The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 4:09 am

Raleigh wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^
I'm sorry.

Why are you sorry? This is just one more place where I don't fit in. It's not your fault.

it is just that this place was so good for me, that when I see somebody who is having difficulty with it, it saddens me that it isn't working for them. I didn't immediately felt that I "fit in" either, but I determined to be stubborn about it and stick around anyways. I sincerely hope that you catch the stubbornness bug as well. btw, having 1029 posts is a great accomplishment! :thumleft:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 5:00 am

auntblabby wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^
I'm sorry.

it is just that this place was so good for me, that when I see somebody who is having difficulty with it, it saddens me that it isn't working for them. I didn't immediately felt that I "fit in" either, but I determined to be stubborn about it and stick around anyways. I sincerely hope that you catch the stubbornness bug as well. btw, having 1029 posts is a great accomplishment! :thumleft:

It's great that it's working for you.

Luzhin
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jan 2015, 8:36 am

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
The kind of loneliness I often wrestle with isn't tied to circumstance very much. Instead, it feels like a void in my mind, heart, and soul. I keep thinking of Adam in the Bible, before Eve was created. He had daily visits with God in paradise, no death or disease, animals of every sort for friends...but something was still missing. God knew this, so He purposely designed Eve in a way where both she and Adam would compliment each other, including but not limited to the physical. A lot of the time, that same "void of Adam" seems to be in my heart, but I don't want to treat women as objects. I was hurt very deeply once, and I'm scared to trust again...but I'm also desperate for healing and peace. Prayer works wonders, but there's still nights where I panic, wondering how this whole struggle will turn out. For those in here who believe Jesus is Lord, please pray for me; thanks.

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience...will say a prayer for you.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 11:27 am

ImAnAspie wrote:
I never get lonely when I'm alone. I like my own company. I have a good sense of humor and quite often laugh at my own jokes. I talk to myself. Whether I'm doing housework, tending to my Special Interests, listening to music, watching the sun rise/set with a beer and a smoke or just sitting in quiet solitude observing nature without thinking about anything (this is one of my favs :) ), I always enjoy my alone time and hate it when I have to go back out into the world!

That's, pretty much, ME, right there----except, substitute "coffee", for "beer"! ! I love the "observing nature" thing, TOO----that's why I love camping, so much----it's just God and me, and all of God's creations!!

I HAVE gotten lonely, once-in-awhile, when I've been by myself----like, I'll think: "Gee, I wish I had someone to go with me, to _______"----but, then I think about how much work it can be, and I get-over, myself!

@ AuntBlabby: I love your quotes!! Do you mind if I use a couple of them in my "Daily Quote" signature?

@ Raleigh: I'm so sorry you haven't found anyone, here, with whom you can connect. Here's hoping you'll find someone, any-day-now.....

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 3:36 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
@ AuntBlabby: I love your quotes!! Do you mind if I use a couple of them in my "Daily Quote" signature? @ Raleigh: I'm so sorry you haven't found anyone, here, with whom you can connect. Here's hoping you'll find someone, any-day-now.....[/b][/color]

you may of course use them however you like :) let us pray for the people here who are hurting. Image