Autistic Person has Tried to Kill because he's a Virgin

Page 2 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

VioletYoshi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jan 2015, 6:07 pm

What's sad is the Autism community's continuing denial that Autistic people are incapable of violence and misogyny. So much I no longer feel safe going to Autism support groups. Instead of understanding I've been called an Aspie elitist, and told not all Autistic men.

How many more will have to die before we recognize these people are a part of our community, and need to be dealt with and acknowledged? Denying and saying "They're not one of us!" only creates an unsafe environment. There should be no excuse for violence. Instead I hear violent behavior should be accepted as a communication style. :x

B19
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 6:51 pm

Violent and sociopathic behaviour is not a diagnostic feature of Aspergers, you are confusing two different things. Some (quite a few) NTs are violent sociopaths; some (not so many) neuro-atypicals are also violent sociopaths. You are over-generalising again.

You seem still fixated on your past support group experience, which is not proof of your theory that Aspergers = violence and that this is some big cover up..

Can't you let your support group complaints go now? We have heard about them in so many threads, your real solution to your perceived victimisation (which may have been real) is not to slur all Aspergers men as violent sociopaths, (as you seem to be implying) but to recognise what you need to do differently, to put things in perspective, let stuff go, and to discover what kind of support would suit you better and where to find it. That may be easier to work out with a counsellor perhaps.

If anyone on WP has been saying that violence is an acceptable communication style, report the post.

VioletYoshi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jan 2015, 7:28 pm

This is why I stopped posting here, people are cruel towards me.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 7:35 pm

Possibly you see through a lens where anyone who disagrees with you is being cruel to you. Maybe they just disagree.

VioletYoshi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jan 2015, 7:39 pm

Mocking someone for being a victim of a near assault, and telling them to just get over their trauma is not just a disagreement.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 7:48 pm

That's exactly the sort of comment you have made again and again and again and again, Violet Yoshi. Review your posts - there is a real pattern here for you in refusing to see anything that challenges your view, and that keeps you trapped in the same old, same old. It obviously isn't working to make you any happier. Seek help.

VioletYoshi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jan 2015, 8:45 pm

You are gaslighting. Attempting to gain control over me by convincing me my perceptions of reality are untrue. It is abusive behavior, you should seek help for it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 8:48 pm

VioletYoshi wrote:
You are gaslighting. Attempting to gain control over me by convincing me my perceptions of reality are untrue. It is abusive behavior, you should seek help for it.
There is also help for people who seem to have paranoiac delusions, as well.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

VioletYoshi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jan 2015, 8:52 pm

My for an Asperger's forum so many people seem to be fond of engaging in the type of behavior bullies use to mystify and frighten people with cognitive disabilities.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 8:54 pm

VioletYoshi wrote:
My for an Asperger's forum so many people seem to be fond of engaging in the type of behavior bullies use to mystify and frighten people with cognitive disabilities.
Report them.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

VioletYoshi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jan 2015, 8:56 pm

I did, although I'm surprised someone who would accuse someone of paranoid delusions would care.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 9:18 pm

Those comments right underneath that article are horrendous and confusing hmm... Completely missing the point, right down the SJW black hole somewhere...

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 9:59 pm

This is a troubling story both because he has autism and because of the whole frustrated virgin killer thing. I think the sense of entitlement he has (to sex) comes from the way women are depicted in media - like we are some kind of prize to be deserved or won. His behaviour is the result of a faulty moral compass, not autism. But people wont realize this.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 9:59 pm

This isn't an autism thing, a people thing, or a mental disorder thing. It's a guy thing. See 99.99% of the wanton violence ever perpetrated in the entirety of human history for references.

VioletYoshi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jan 2015, 10:26 pm

So let me get this straight. You are detached from reality, and needlessly paranoid if you acknowledge Autistic people are more prone to obsessions, and that leads to more of a likihood of incidents like these to happen. However it's perfectly okay to deflect this from Autistic people, and say he must have been all these other things but couldn't possibly Autistic, since only non-Autistic people do bad things. Do I have this right?

I find it's better to be "paranoid" than put your hands over your ears and sing, "LALALALA!" whenever an Autistic person is reported in the news to be less than an angel. I also believe the rampant pressure to deny Autistic people are fallible and could do bad things, puts all of Autistic people at risk of falling victim to someone like this. Go ahead though, continue making fun of me for being "obsessed" with the safety of Autistic people. Or try to upset me by gaslighting me, saying I lied about my lived experience. It's only testimony to the claim Autistic people lack empathy.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 10:32 pm

starkid wrote:
This isn't an autism thing, a people thing, or a mental disorder thing. It's a guy thing. See 99.99% of the wanton violence ever perpetrated in the entirety of human history for references.

True. I haven't heard of any women trying to kill random men because she cant get laid. I think its the entitlement thing.

I really don't think it is autism that is to blame for this guy's behaviour. I think other factors are at play.