Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ASD_Geek
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Feb 2015, 3:03 pm

I love trivia on just about any subject. Growing up, I played a lot of D&D and even walked around with a custom-made shirt that said, “Dungeon Master” on the front and my character name on the back.

Growing up, I had train sets and still like them but don't have any right now. I also read some comic books, but didn’t get too heavy into them, but my friends all did.

I was big into arcade games when they first came out and spent a lot of time playing them. I also spent a lot of time cataloging them into lists.

From a young age, I was into Star Wars and Star Trek and collected all of the toys and played with them for hours on end. I am still a trekkie and am a member of Starfleet (fan club).

I also love computers, astronomy and wildlife biology.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 3:16 am

I think reading large, thick, hard to understand books at a young age (like under 14) should qualify as an aspie hobby. :) Topics can include science, history, philosophy, politics, ideology...etc. Other than that, I didn't have a typical "nerdy" hobby.

elliot87
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Feb 2015, 3:29 am

Let's see , currently working/street fighter and star trek the next generation

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 8:47 am

Yes, I collected so many things (and still do) that I had to restrict what I collect due to storage issues where they are kept. Some of it is in safety deposit boxes at different banks for obvious security purposes. Basically if it has monetary value, I probably have a collection of it hidden somewhere. Examples of what I collect: old Chinese vases/carved jade items, early US coins, old comic books (pre-1970s), pre-1900 stamps (US and foreign), vintage video arcade games/video game systems, vintage watches, etc. My close friends think that I am a money hoarder, but that is not the case as I am not rich, I just happen to have the ability to be at the right place/right time to buy stuff cheaply. Having said collections has paid off a time or two when in a financial pinch.

As for D&D, I played it one year as a kid. A good friend of mine got me into it. We quickly got board with it and basically gave up on it. That was about the time I got my first Atari 2600 system. Hard to compete with that...

Adam55
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Feb 2015, 1:55 pm

hmmm...i guess i do, computers/built one/programming, anime/manga, sci-fi etc

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 1:15 am

I like to play Cut The Rope games with that adorable little Sweet Pea Om Nom on my Android.