Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AutumnSylver
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 May 2015, 10:54 pm

I don't plan everything out (as in, write things in a day planner, or schedule things for specific times), but I do have routines. For example, after I finish eating dinner, I have a cup of coffee. These days, I usually sit on the couch so my toy poodle can sit on my lap (her favourite spot), but I used to take my coffee and go to my computer to watch the vlogs from people I was subscribed to.
Another routine is when I go to school (college), the first thing I do is put everything in my locker and go to the washroom. Then I get my lunch and water bottle out of my locker and go sit on the bench by the big window and eat my lunch at 11:30 (that's usually around the time I get to school). But I'm not so rigid in my routines that I'll sit there from 11:10 to 11:30 and not eat until 11:30. If it's 11:15 or so, I'll still eat lunch, because it's close enough to 11:30.
I remember a person on youtube saying that his roommates said he looks like a sim when he cooks, because he always does it the same way. I thought about when I make my breakfast in the morning, and I realized that I probably look like a sim, too. :lol: I always do the same thing - I get a plate, mug, spoon and butter knife. Then I take the bagels, strawberry cream cheese and half&half out of the fridge. I put sugar in my mug, put the bagel in the toaster and put it down, then pour coffee into my mug. I put the half&half in my coffee, and add more sugar if I need to. By the time I'm finished doing that, it's almost time for the bagel to pop up. When I spread cream cheese or jam on a bagel, someone always asks me if I'm painting a masterpiece, because I do it carefully so I don't get globs of cream cheese or jam in the hole in the middle, or in any bubbles on the surface of the bagel. I hate biting into a bagel and getting a big blob of jam or cream cheese. (I don't like a lot of cream cheese on my bagel, so getting a big blob of it in my mouth at once is kind of gross).

When I go to bed, I always put on my pyjama pants, then plug my phone into the outlet next to my bed, then turn off the light, and then get into bed.

I don't like it when someone does something that suddenly alters my routine. For example, if I'm in the car with someone and we're driving home, and they suddenly want to go to somewhere else first, I get a bit irritated.
I also don't like it when people suggest that I stay at someone else's house for a night. I really don't like staying at other people's houses for the night, unless I have a chance to prepare first, and bring everything I want/need for the night. (and usually a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast in the morning. :lol: )

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 9:09 am

huh

I do do routines like that, for smaller tasks, there's definitely an order. How I shower, always do it the same way. How I make breakfast, usually the same way. How I open the store when I get it, always the same order. How I do dishes, the same way. And it bothers me somewhat if I can't do those things in that way.

But a daily routine, something more over-arching, I can't seem to follow. It's just too damned boring to maintain, soul-suckingly boring.

Poor motivation