Smoking in the bathroom is so very disgusting.

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 6:26 am

SamuraiSaxen wrote:
People smoking in anyplace are very annoying

stay out of my apartment. Let me have one damned haven.

Demonic_Duck wrote:
I used to hate smoking too. Now I smoke. Kind of ironic, eh? :P

Same here. But I smoke in the tub too.

tkmattson
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Mar 2007, 7:23 am

Smoking in bars is even banned here in Austin, save for a few renagade places that simply pay their fines over and over, and outdoor beer gardens. If it bothers you that much, either....

a) move somewhere else
b) help change the laws

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 9:05 am

I find cigarette smoke annoying.

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 11:45 am

Banning smoking in bars and pubs is an oxymoron.

As much as I abhor and detest smoking, banning smoking in bars - I hate to say it - just doesn't make any sense. To my eye, smoking and drinking just about go hand in hand. Many people who drink also smoke. So nearly all the people going into bars go there for a relaxing drink and and a smoke after work. To unwind.

I hate smoking but banning it in bars just isn't very fair.

There are measures to ban smoking in your own car when there is a child present. I am squemish to agree on this measure. As smoking not only kills you, the smoker, but sometimes the people living around smokers. My mother smoked and I can remember my lungs burning beyond all comprehension when I tried to do any strenous exercize when I was a kid. I just remember it hurting so bad. Especially in the winter. I was a kid with smoker's lungs. So banning smoking while there is a child present is a good idea. Only that it wanders into the territory of a governemnt turning into that Orwellian juggernaut we all don't like.

Don't ban smoking in pubs or bars. Just make all the businesses install air circulation systems that quickly filter the air and trap the crap in cigarette smoke that kills millions of people a year.

Last edited by markaudette on 29 Mar 2007, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daisybcfc
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Mar 2007, 11:50 am

living in england and being a smoker is getting harder, with bans comign in, in public places, ive decided to quit, however most smokers, cant speak for all, try not to smoke around people who dont smoke. I quit a few years ago and started again when things got too much for me 6 months ago but all my smoker friends all try and be considerate to non-smokers, if i was asked i would move away from someone if it made them uncomfortable even if i was in a smoking area or outside

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 5:46 pm

Smoking in indoor public places is banned where I live. Also, most apartment buildings do not allow smoking inside, or sometimes even on the grounds (I live in a non-smoking building)

I read about a town in California that banned smoking *everywhere*, accept inside private homes. It doesn't take effect until January

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 5:50 pm

Immortal wrote:
Smoking in indoor public places is banned where I live. Also, most apartment buildings do not allow smoking inside, or sometimes even on the grounds (I live in a non-smoking building)

I read about a town in California that banned smoking *everywhere*, accept inside private homes. It doesn't take effect until January

Houston bans smoking in all restaurants within its city limits--except for the bar portion of restaurants that have bars.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 6:15 pm

Smoking is even banned in bars here....and clubs.

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 9:08 am

I get sick when I see people smoking in a bathroom in movies, even.

I have a real problem! lol

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 8:34 pm

tkmattson wrote:
Smoking in bars is even banned here in Austin, save for a few renagade places that simply pay their fines over and over, and outdoor beer gardens. If it bothers you that much, either....

a) move somewhere else
b) help change the laws

You left out:

c) Go on a killing rampage because you are having a nic fit.

euphrosyne
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Mar 2007, 9:28 pm

I don't smoke and I never have but I kinda like the smell of cigarette smoke. I reminds me of my grandpa.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

31 Mar 2007, 7:22 pm

Immortal wrote:

Yeah, I live in a non-smoking development, but my next door neighbor is such an extrovert, he usually has a crowd of people visiting, and they all stand outside smoking. Eventually I start to smell it inside. Since I am both allergic and sensitive to smoke and other chemicals, I resent my place smelling like a used ashtray. But since they are smoking outside, I can hardly complain. I DESPISE cigarette smoke! :x And as for smoking in a small, enclosed place like a public bathroom, that's just criminal!

drummer_girl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Apr 2007, 2:43 pm

well today is the 1st day of the smoking ban in all indoor confined public spaces in England. im goin to love it to be able to go to a pub or cafe a nd not have to sit thru my drink or meal with somebody puffing their life away on the next table

Hazelwudi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 3:41 pm

Absolutely no sympathy.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Apr 2007, 4:33 pm

Hazelwudi wrote:
Absolutely no sympathy.

Do you mean no sympathy for the non-smokers or no sympathy for the smokers?

BigT
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Apr 2007, 4:57 am

I laugh inside when smokers talk about being against the smoking ban idea! The excuses they use sometimes can be hilarious. I know someone at my school who will frequently in lessons say "I need a fag..." That makes me snort. :lol: