Anyone enjoy being miserable and unhappy?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

23 Sep 2015, 11:18 pm

I've been accused of that when I was depressed & posting about things on forums alot. Some thought I wanted to be unhappy cuz I kept posting about the same stuff instead of doing things to improve my situation. I felt trapped & posting about things on forums helped me get things off my chest so to speak & sort things out.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 7:52 pm

I wouldn't say I enjoy being unhappy...but sometimes when I'm really upset I prefer to just wallow in my sadness rather than try to turn my mood around.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 8:38 pm

Humans are emotional beings, we cannot just function like animals can.
Whilst I would love to be happy, happiness is unobtainable, i then have the option to be emotionally empty and neutral, or to experience the opposite from the emotional state of happiness, namely, unhappiness and melancholy.
I find the emotionally empty option to be unbearable, so, in view of the unobtainability of happiness, I find life to be so much more bearable with some emotion, even though its the negative end of the emotional spectrum.

Penandinkmarie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Sep 2015, 6:40 am

It seems like I'm always crying about something. Whether it's bc im hurt or stressed and my mom joked one day that i liked to cry and you know, it is cathartic but my huaband hates it and it looses its effect on people after a while and becomes like....just another tear fest even though inside you really ARE suffering. I hoenstly dont loooove being sad, however i love the attention i get when i am sad......so maybe that makes me carry out the sobfests a little longer? Or maybe it makes me cry more often becaue i crave that attention....sorry for the ramble, but those are my experiences with miserable feelings.