Page 2 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

AspergersGamer
Raven
Raven

23 Apr 2007, 5:05 am

Offically diagnosed as the highest fuctioning, horray for me! I'm different!! !

And mentally unstable and phychotic... :twisted:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 5:15 am

Mine seems to have calmed down, over the past four months. I have more special interests, so I'm not just talking about one thing, all the time. I also have a social life, and I'm a part of a trio and the three of us hop around town, every evening. That social life will likely be on hold, until my best friend comes back from vacation, but I still have that social life, 98% of the time. However, I need to wear disposable underwear, due to the type of problem that they don't advertize on TV. That doesn't bother me, though.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 5:40 am

Mine isn't as bad as it could be - I do have a job (craptacular as it may be), and a social life of sorts - but I have never really been able to make lasting connections with people, whether socially, romantically, or whatever. I can make friends, but I've never been able to really keep lines of communication open once they slip outside of my field of vision, so to speak. And there are times when I feel like retreating back into my shell for good and cutting myself off from the world completely, but I haven't done that properly at this point.

My obsessions are an expensive habit (action figures and comics aren't cheap these days), but I enjoy having them, despite the amount of space they take up.

CrimsonEdge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 5:51 am

It doesn't bother me that much. I just wish I wasn't so shy around people.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 5:56 am

I wish it didn't make me anti-social.

Fraz_2006
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Apr 2007, 6:04 am

I remember getting 6 on the scale 1 to 10. :)

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 6:48 am

Mine isn't as bad as it could be.

Mr_Winston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2007, 6:52 am

Yet to actually meet anybody else with AS in reality, so I don't have a great deal to compare mine to. I certainly wouldn't say it was 'weak' AS, but nor would I say it was 'strong'. Somewhere in the middle really, could be better, could be worse.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 6:53 am

Mine is like BAD. Scary...

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 7:32 am

Mine is a middle of the range autistic. As a child I was the typical autistic kid that was very aloof and had extreme fixations on one think like shoes or cars. I was very quiet most of the time but the moments I was not so quiet I having a serious tantrum complete with major bouts of self injurous bahaviour such as banging my head to such a degree I had to be to emergency at the hospital to be stitched up and have overnight observation. .

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 7:36 am

*thinks...* Oh. Mine is so bad that I feel no remorse or symphany.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 7:37 am

It took my doctors ages to diagnose me, either because of their 'ethical reasons' (e.g not wanting to put a label on me...) or because they couldn't agree what was wrong with me. I don't really mind my AS, even though it is fairly bad, but I wish I didn't have the sensory problems which are commonly associated with AS. If I had a choice, I would rather get rid of my Tourette syndrome than my AS, because at least people with AS don't yell things out or do really stupid things! :lol:

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 7:41 am

I saw that Tourette syndrome on TV! Creepy...

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 7:43 am

I'm not really creepy! My support tutor thinks my twitches are sweet! I am not one of those 'loud mouth' types you see on the TV! :twisted: Mwa ha ha!

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 7:44 am

Good. But loud is fun. :lol:

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 7:47 am

I can be loud when I want to be. My mum always gets mad that I shout when I am standing right next to her!