Page 2 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 5:40 am

I would say what you say is true.

I do okay in patterns and such. I'm not all that great in abstract thinking.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 5:52 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I would say what you say is true.

I do okay in patterns and such. I'm not all that great in abstract thinking.

I do not think all Apsies possess the same traits as all others. We're not manufactured. Everybody is going to have some strength or weakness. For instance, Logic fails completely when it is blocked by rigid thinking that won't allow other factors into the equations of thought.

There cannot be something specific about something that is essentially a spectrum.

When I was tested as part of my evaluations, they found deficits that I was surprised to learn. I'm a 3D artist. I thought I excelled at spatial reasoning.

Well...turns out its a bit uneven with a bit of range.

I now understand why I excel at certain types of pattern recognition and do just above average on others.

I just hope that people who are looking at these generalities about Aspies aren't just limiting themselves by criteria.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 5:55 am

lonely autistic wrote:
lol i'm 35, my keyboard is messed up, thanks guys lol

30, 37, 35-----what do those numbers mean? What test system?

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 6:00 am

Jensen wrote:
lonely autistic wrote:

Yeah...that is as good question....the numbers don't always align based on the tests given.

I was surprised at the conclusions of my tests and what they were actually testing in some cases.

I thought they were testing one thing (they were) but were testing like two or three things at once. Wasn't just about if you could solve, but also how and other things.

And, none of my tests were info dump tests. They all tested innate abilities. Not learned knowledge as the only guideline.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 6:04 am

I have a low IQ.
It hasn't really hampered me at all.
I'm clever in my own way.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 6:11 am

League_Girl wrote:
Plus I feel I don't know how to do a lot of things and I feel stupid when I take something seriously. I mean since ASDers are supposed to be logical, I shouldn't have been that literal. A rude woman jokes how a house my mom and I were looking at had been empty for 25 years so I asked about it and then she said "Does this home look like it's been sat empty for twenty five years?" Yeah I felt stupid for taking her comment seriously when she was probably just joking or being sarcastic. Then I make myself feel better when I think of stupid things autistic people have done, Chris Chan for example or someone writing on here about an autistic man they know will hand his whole entire paycheck to someone if they tell him a sob story. Yeah I am not that naive, my bills come first and keeping a roof over my head and I am not going to trust a bunch of internet strangers if they tell me to do stupid things. Also think of the phrase "raining cats and dogs" and autistic people taking it literal when they are supposed to be logical. There I feel better.

I do the same thing, and my IQ is considered to be high. What the woman said about the house I would have taken seriously also, unless there was a very obvious sarcastic voice being used. I take people seriously when they are joking or being sarcastic all the time. I have to have other clues to get it, like if it's very obvious through context, wording, or if a certain tone of voice is used. I'm not really all that bad, but it does make me feel really stupid when it happens.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 6:13 am

One aspect can take the whole average down - several points.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 6:19 am

Yigeren wrote:
......I'm not really all that bad, but it does make me feel really stupid when it happens.
I have the same issue. But, I'm not totally blind. I've seen the eye rolls when I go from stellar impression to idiot implosion at the drop of the hat because of those simple things that display unevenness.

Then you notice that you're not part of things the same way anymore. You just can't put your finger on what has changed.

But, you notice it because all the behaviour patterns change.

For me, that starts a strange thing in me as those inconsistencies drive me bonkers. Over time, that will pile up and overload me.

As I do things, I am learning a lot as I learn things to be aware of.

I found I have two types of overloads:
Cognitive and Sensory.

This would create the cognitive overload as I start to catalogue and process the inconsistencies while maintaining all the other things I have to do. My head just wants to keep heaping crap on it to work on.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 6:21 am

Jensen wrote:
One aspect can take the whole average down - several points.

You got that right...kinda pissed me off too. I actually took it personally LOL

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 8:43 am

Jensen wrote:
lonely autistic wrote:

The OP's age. On the original post the OP accidentally wrote 3 and we were trying to guess the OP's proper age. S/he finally told us it was age 35.

Wreck It Ralph

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 8:45 am

Thank you :D

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 8:46 am

zkydz wrote:

I now understand why I excel at certain types of pattern recognition and do just above average on others.

I just hope that people who are looking at these generalities about Aspies aren't just limiting themselves by criteria.

I also excel at some pattern recognition but in others I don't see the pattern at all no matter how hard I try to find it.

Wreck It Ralph

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 9:09 am

skibum wrote:
zkydz wrote:

I also excel at some pattern recognition but in others I don't see the pattern at all no matter how hard I try to find it.
I know...drives me crazy..I feel like I just finished driving a semi truck with 17 gears and a straight shift and just getting flummoxed over starting a little minicoop.

What's worse is that my brain will recognize things before I know it. I still can;t consciously 'see' it, but my brain will actually start to tingle/itch/burn....I don't know, but I keep looking for doctor octopus behind me. Then...wham! It crystallizes when I get away and 'zone out'.

The brain knows it's there. The consciousness is still catching up.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 9:12 am

Although I attended a highly prestigious grammar school, I once scored 79 on a comprehensive online IQ test.

I have always considered myself to be a terribly stupid individual, and my C grades at school validates this perception of mine.

The complete lack of abilities I demonstrated in science, mechanics, reading and abstract reasoning is utterly pitiful. My short term memory is bordering on imbecilic, too. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 9:20 am

Maybe you could try a culture-free - no reading, no numbers no verbal reasoning:

https://mensa.dk/sites/default/files/index.swf

Only figure reasoning.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 9:24 am

Jensen wrote:
Thank you :D

You're welcome! :D

Wreck It Ralph