What is your biggest grievance with Autism?

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 9:08 pm

metaldanielle wrote:
Having it.

I was going to make a joke how there's just too many options to ever choose just one... but that sums it up perfectly, right there.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 9:38 pm

SH90 wrote:
Lack of career and/or education...

This

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 11:36 pm

Probably loneliness, followed by the executive function deficits/discrepancies that make me feel like I don't have access to my supposed intelligence.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

01 Aug 2016, 11:44 pm

Isolation, basically having any life at all worth living

it sucks

there are no redeemable qualities

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 12:22 am

Executive Functioning. That it "decided" to affect such a small minority of people putting us at a huge disadvantage.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 12:28 am

AnaHitori wrote:
Overthinking everything. Not being able to just relax and have fun

this

i was going to say "alienation", which to me is probably even worse than my permanent inability to relax, but i don't know if i can attribute it to autism

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 12:30 am

The lack of respect I get from certain people, including my mum.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 12:47 pm

The difficulty of coping in everyday life and also being judged and stereotyped because of it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 4:51 am

I also hate the way it makes me have an unfriendly face. Even when I look up and make eye contact and smile, people still look at me awkwardly.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 6:15 am

2nd biggest involves this phase:

"I can only hear the noise, and not the voices."

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

johnnyh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2016, 8:57 am

Not the biggest but one I wish to share:

It made me go mad from the revelations I have uncovered. Learning about brains, observing neurotypical society, and many other things have made me greatly disturbed inside. The fact so much of our lives is tied into physical brain differences, the fact due to my aspergers I think in a very non-fluid way seeing things in a very materialistic manner noticing the cause and effect behind actions and so forth awakening the Thomas Hobbes in me, I see paradoxes in actions everywhere and instead of ignoring them become disturbed at not being able to correlate it properly, my dabbling into information on the brain has made me question the existence of free will, our emotions are just chemical reactions that can be affected by our enviroment, and a bunch of other things neurotypical people have the option of freely ignoring due to their heavy reliance on their subconcious to take care of their actions and ability to see the bigger picture letting them ignore the fine disturbing details. (But some have the option to observe the details if they wish, we are forced into it)

-Johnnyh

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 12:59 pm

Non autistics opinions/attitudes. And executive dysfunction.

Gaara
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Aug 2016, 2:03 pm

Overthinking things and not getting on with people.

But most of all that it gives the anti-vaxx morons the ammunition to put even more children at risk.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 3:45 pm

dianthus wrote:
I wouldn't say this is purely because of autism...but the combination of various things I have going on with makes it hard to accomplish much of anything. I miss the feeling of being really proficient at something and successful at it. Jack of all trades and master of none.

But one autistic trait I really dislike is face blindness. It's just plain embarrassing not to know who people are.

OH...scratch what I said above. My biggest complaint is feeling like I'm always expected to adjust to other people and how they do things. :evil:

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 3:45 pm

Gaara wrote:
But most of all that it gives the anti-vaxx morons the ammunition to put even more children at risk.

well that's the morons' fault really. if it weren't autism, it would be something else

morons gonna moron

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Aug 2016, 3:52 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with me; I'm just different. My grievance is with intolerant people who won't make room in this world for people who are different.